What artist would you want to create a tarot deck?

rainwolf

This is any artist that ever lived--it will probably be your favorite artist so if you can, provide a link to a little sample of their work--then we can see what you like :) And say why you like them too--what makes them your choice?

I have to say--Monet, picasso. . . everyone is going to mention these so try and come up with some lesser known artists besides the big timers just to keep it interesting.

And we need not limit it to artists--I'm sure creative people could make a tarot deck too. Maybe Frank Lloyd Wright could have used his architecture skills to make a tarot deck? Or maybe Da Vinci, even though there is a Da Vinci Tarot....

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'll go first. I would pay an exceptionally high amount to have Eyvind Earle to paint me a deck. His work is so...surreal to me and it borders on fantasy and reality which is a real trip for me. I'm wondering if I could take his pictures and collage together my own tarot deck? How amazing would that be...

Here is a link to some of his works

orczy

I'll pick a couple:

Charles Doudelet. I love his black and white line drawings. Very mystical.
Roger Dean. Now that would be cool. I would love him to actually do one, instead of of being created out of his extant paintings. I am surprised no one has done this already.

orczy

Ha!
That Orgy one is new to me, and a shock! His normal stuff is quite fairytale-ish, especially his illustrations for Maeterlinck. That orgy one doesn't even look like something of his. A google image search for him brings up one of his Maeterlinck pictures.

sunflowr

Peter Max. I've always loved his artwork!

Who here would buy "Peter Max Tarot"?? :)

huredriel

Marc Potts! Marc Potts!Marc Potts!Marc Potts!Marc Potts!Marc Potts!Marc Potts!Marc Potts!Marc Potts!Marc Potts!Marc Potts!Marc Potts!Marc Potts!Marc Potts!Marc Potts!

oh and

Gary Lippincott

Both their current works can be seen at www.duirwaighgallery.com

Annabelle

sunflowr said:
Peter Max. I've always loved his artwork!

Who here would buy "Peter Max Tarot"?? :)
I would!!!! I :love: Peter Max's art!

If I had a choice, though, I would commisson Shag (Josh Agle) to be the artist for my dream deck. Here's a link to his website: http://www.shag.com/

It would be so much fun to have a tiki/lounge themed deck!

Rhiamon

I would have to choose Thomas Kinkade for my dream deck, although I love alot of artists like Amy Brown, Josephine Wall, Molly Harrison.....Kinkade was my first love as an artist.

silmarillion

i think alphonse mucha the french art nouveaux painter would have come up with a really beautiful set if he were still alive