Have You Made Your Own Oracle?

Golden Moon

I've been thinking of making my own oracle, but I got tons of ideas on how I want them to look... So I think it will take me a while. :(

ravenwynter

rif said:
I'm not usually a fan of photorealism (or real photos) in my cards, but Lorielle, those are really wonderful. Although I chuckled at the Ring of Sauron. :D

And ravenwynter, I would totally use a Halloween-themed Lenormand deck!

Hi rif
its been on my mind for a while.. the headless horseman as the rider, bony fish in a slimy pond for the fish and hell hound for dog.. good grief this could be fun LOL

BodhiSeed

I don't have any cool graphics computer programs, but I did use my PowerPoint program to make an oracle based on the principles of the 12 Steps of Al-anon and AA:
http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=118280&highlight=12+step
I printed them out on photo paper and laminated them.
For those with ideas about a deck, let me encourage you to "go for it!" Even if they don't turn out exactly as you want, you'll learn a lot in the process.

Bernice

Beautifully done bodran. Lovely evocative images. And the titles are very fitting. A lovely little oracle.

I've never heard of any Al-anon cards. I should think there are people out there who would be happy make good use of them.

Bee :)

ravenwynter

12 step oracle

these are FAB!! i love the images.

rif

ravenwynter said:
its been on my mind for a while.. the headless horseman as the rider, bony fish in a slimy pond for the fish and hell hound for dog.. good grief this could be fun LOL

Indeed! A nice, dilapidated haunted mansion for the House, the Man and Lady could be ghostly figures, and somewhere there would need to be a pumpkin. Maybe a jack-o-lantern whose mouth was carved like a key?

We are on a roll here! :D

ravenwynter

rif said:
Indeed! A nice, dilapidated haunted mansion for the House, the Man and Lady could be ghostly figures, and somewhere there would need to be a pumpkin. Maybe a jack-o-lantern whose mouth was carved like a key?

We are on a roll here! :D

ooooh like those ideas ..most definitly have to have the pumpkin LOL.. maybe the garden could be a pumpkin patch overrun with weeds and such heehee
and the ship could be the flying dutchman ;)

Aulruna

I've made various Oracles ... some are based on existing systems, fo example I created a set of Rune cards or Moon Stones to reflect the 13 moons of the year.

Some are unique, like Aulruna's Visions, a card based oracle made from digitally altering my own photos (so theoretically, I could produce it, but have not yet found a way to cut the cards after printing them ... I'm a LOUSY trimmer!) or my oracle stones, which I do sell at craft markets.

Attachments

• oraclestones1.jpg
    oraclestones1.jpg
    273.5 KB · Views: 99
  • oraclestones2a.jpg
    oraclestones2a.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 88
  • aulvisons1.jpg
    aulvisons1.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 86
  • aulvisions2.jpg
    aulvisions2.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 85

Bernice

I really love the Moon Stones, the stones look an ideal size/shape to handle, and the motifs are clear-cut. It's a lovely set.

I rarely see 'stone-sets' that do anything for me.... this one is evocative.
If ever you decide to make additions to these stones, making a set of 25 or more, in this fashion, I'd be very interested Aulruna! (Not a rune-set. I have one, without the bogus blank rune.).

Bee :)