Gilt edges (DIY)

shadowdancer

wow, they still look good :)

The ones I did also have stood up incredibly well. The Deirdre of Sorrows deck I edged in emerald green (what else for an Irish deck...lol) and even after numerous festivals it still looks fantastic. I have no regrets about doing this. I think this and trimming really does personalise a deck hugely.

Mellifluous

Wow! That really held up well! What did you use on them?

Yeah, it has, hasn't it? :D Sophisticated Finishes metallic surfacer in gold and a sponge brush.

wow, they still look good :)

The ones I did also have stood up incredibly well. The Deirdre of Sorrows deck I edged in emerald green (what else for an Irish deck...lol) and even after numerous festivals it still looks fantastic. I have no regrets about doing this. I think this and trimming really does personalise a deck hugely.

Thanks. :) I'm glad yours have, too. It's great that there are simple, inexpensive ways to personalize decks.

I was rereading old threads tonight and looked through the one linked a few posts back, too, (after this), where people posted their pictures. I really like some of the ink effects, and also the ones where people used black for decks with black borders. Is your emerald green metallic or just ink? Sounds lovely, either way!

I never bought any more bottles of this, but I'd always wanted to go back and get the (metallic) red and green ones eventually. lol

I have so many more decks now. I might do some more of them in the spring when I can open the windows for long periods of time again.

Tigerangel

I'm glad I found this thread, I just wondering the other day about how you gilt card edges.
Something else for me to think about :)
And all the cards look great, there was a link to another thread that had black gilting think that would be great to do on my Crow's Magick as I hate the white borders on it.

Mellifluous

I'm glad I found this thread, I just wondering the other day about how you gilt card edges.
Something else for me to think about :)
And all the cards look great, there was a link to another thread that had black gilting think that would be great to do on my Crow's Magick as I hate the white borders on it.

You should! It's fun, easy and inexpensive. Didn't take too long either, though from what I gather on the other thread, some people spent a lot more time on it than I did. lol