Animal Messages oracle, Susan Green

OrbWeaver

Faunabay,

If you know about how peacocks and mountain goats behave, those make a bit more sense. The male peacock is quite the flashy character. He is brightly colored with beautiful plumage for one reason and one reason only: Attract a mate.

Mountain goats butt heads over territory and mating rights.

Why Susan Green chose to only focus on the mating aspect of those two animals, I'll never really understand. But the key words make sense, if the animals drawn are warning about matters of the heart.

faunabay

Well I know the male peacock is all about attracting a mate but how does that correspond to "protecting your heart from those who may cheat before they hurt you" ??? The bright male peacock colors are all about "look at me", but do peacocks go from mate to mate to mate? Is that maybe why the "cheating" aspect of it???

And the Mountain Goat - again I see what you say about the fighting part. But where does the unfaithfulness come from?

souljourney

This is one of my favorite decks... pretty much drawn to anything with animals really, but this one really stands out to me.

Lewen

Yes, this oracle does stand out. I hope to use it more often!

faunabay

I've been working with this deck more and have gotten used to the key words. Now that I'm more familiar with them I can jump off from the key words and go where is more suited for me. I guess I've learned to ignore the stuff I don't agree with and go where it makes more sense to me. So I think I've done away with my thought to cut off the key words. I've learned to work with and around them pretty well now!

I'm still just loving these cards though. I adore the artwork. They give you a closeup feel to the animals. My favorite still has to be the Red Squirrel. Having him come down the tree towards you......I love the perspective!

WolfSpirit

I once got this deck (+ the little book) together with the big book by Susie Green, called "Animal Wisdom". What she writes in the big book about Peacock makes a lot more sense, she left out too much in the little book, or maybe she indeed had to write some cards about love/relationships.
This is what she says in the big book about peacock (there is more, I only quote the first part):

The call of Peacock is loud and raucous, echoing wildly to warn all the inhabitants of forest and jungle that the mighty predator Tiger is stalking his territories. Peacock is also a killer of snakes and may even be seen with hooded Cobra grasped in her claws.
As your guide, peacock embodies the need for protection. She counsels you to be alert to the intentions of those around you. It is no jungle secret that Cobra and Tiger can be dangerous, and so it is in the world of man. The double-dealer and heartbreaker are known. Peacock advises you that you avoid them and that you also take time to understand the wisdom of Tiger and Cobra and their connection to her.

Briar Rose

Here's some quick pics for you.

The more I work with this deck, the more I love it.

Jewel

HeavensVault, the book in the second picture, does that come with the deck? or is that a seprate book?

faunabay

Jewel said:
HeavensVault, the book in the second picture, does that come with the deck? or is that a seprate book?

That's the book that comes with the deck. :)

psst.....hey everyone!!!
You all realize that Jewel will be buying this deck very shortly don't you? (giggling madly) She won't be able to stand it. :D :D :D

Lina1

HeavensVault, you posted those pics at just the right time! :) Seeing them made me realise I definately want this deck and got me scurrying off to eBay again just in case I could find any secondhand on there before I went and bought the new ones for around £12.00...lo and behold, someone's selling their set which is opened but unusued and I got them for the bargain price of £3.20! To say I'm pleased is an understatement :D