Tarot bags

Citrin

Here's something shameful... I keep my deck in an old vibrator bag. It only was used once and then my dog ate it... The bag is purple satin and the perfect size for my deck. I washed it first! I'll see my way out.

That is the funniest thing ever!!!! :D

Snowhunter

Here's something shameful... I keep my deck in an old vibrator bag. It only was used once and then my dog ate it... The bag is purple satin and the perfect size for my deck. I washed it first! I'll see my way out.
That's hilarious!

I make a bag for each deck but some day when I'd rather spend the money on a bag than a deck, I want a Baba one.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1426690996.073571.jpg

tarotbear

I am assuming your dog chewed the vibrator and not the bag ... :bugeyed:

Sulis

Each of my reading decks is in a black cotton velvet bag lined with a different colour dupion silk..

I've been making and selling bags and reading cloths for 10 years this year, lots of Aeclectic members have them. I don't like man-made fibres for my tarot bags so I always use cotton, cotton velvet and silk.

Click the links in my signature below :).

Tanga

Every standard size deck has a bag and silk square.
Pocket mini decks just have a bag.

For transportation - if I'm off to a Tarot meetup say, and wish to take a small selection of decks - I might use a toilet bag. These were mostly cheap in the local chemist, with cheery coloured patterns on them.

Some were dirt cheap or freebies, some were expensive.
Some are "proper Tarot bags" with embroidered patterns on them, or patches I've ironed/sewn on. A couple are pencil cases - fluffy colourful ones, or one is in red leather.
Some are satin, some are velvet, some are organza, some are pretty patterned cotton bags with zip, some are linen bags left over from other things I bought (can't remember what now... one had shoe insoles in it... another originally held chocolate coffee beans, some of my small bags were originally supplied for my ipod speaker, or for jewellery items) which I've then dyed.
One is a bag made out of a cheery fleece frog print. One is a gym sock (Everyman Tarot - the originals came like that. a gym sock with the cards bound by a hand-made jock strap). My Sol Invictus deck resides in a green satin bag with Cern Abass embroidered on it - willie-and-all.

Looking at and handling the colourful bag and silk is a pleasurable experience and lends a "special" quality to it all. Or makes me laugh in some cases.
**And - some of my most favourite decks have the addition of a small crystal in the bottom of the bag.
Some are heart-shaped, several are carved in various shapes. My Samhain Deck of the Bastard has a small carved pink and green agate skull, my Dame Fortune's deck - a Chinese jade ox (don't ask me why!!), my Night Sun Tarot has a jasper bear, my Initiatory Tarot of Golden Dawn, an amber snake-shaped pendant I was given and never wear, my Morgan-Greer - a miniature aventurine Ganesh...

Then under my bed I have two large plastic tubs with lids. Everything not currently in use - including extra cards found in packs etc. - go in here.

So what about the vibrator bag? A bag is a bag. If you like it - use it Morrigaine. :)

jolie_amethyst

*dies laughing*

Well, from a symbolic perspective, that just might enhance your intimacy with your cards! :joke:

Seriously, though, a bag's a bag. Better to reuse/repurpose it than to throw it in the trash. I can pretty much guarantee I'd do the same thing. I repurposed a bag that came with my folding headphones by sewing embroidered sari silk over the logo. It currently holds my Earth Magic oracle cards.

Cocobird55

I keep my special decks in bags. Am waiting for two bags from Baba -- one for my Mucha and one for my Waterhouse Oracle. The bags have art from these artists on the front. All of my Baba decks are in Baba bags.

I have a lot of decks in Tarot Sulis bags. These are very pretty and well made. Sulis will do special orders -- I have my Annotated Seven Fold Mystery is a very large bag that she made for me.

I also buy decks from Tarot Totes once in a while.

Some of the newer boxes are gorgeous -- I am keeping my Illuminati and my Silver Witchcraft decks in their boxes.

gregory

I recently hit-up the local $2 shop (I think they're called Dollarsave, or something similar elsewhere in the world) for some bags. They were selling fabric drawstring bags for five for $2, little side satchels that would carry a couple of decks for $1 each, and packs that had multiple pockets inside for $5. I picked up quite a few bags for practically nothing. The bags aren't 'mystical', and aren't really that pretty, but for that price I don't really care.
That's what I do at Dollarama - though their bags ARE pretty. But I keep my decks in the boxes they came in, on the whole - it is much neater for storage. Bags are for those that come with out decent packaging.

ETA I have one in a red whisky bag, and a few in Sulis bags (not least the one Sulis sold me, throwing in a pretty bag because no-one wanted to buy the deck; the bag swung it. I switched around though - that deck didn't DESERVE a Sulis bag :D) I have a couple of baba bags that people gave me, too, and a wonderful one for my Pagan Cats (box and all) that Lillie made me, covered in mice :laugh:

LupaGreenwolf

My main deck likes to sit wrapped up in an old rabbit hide, and I have a very special hand-dyed silk scarf waiting for when I get my first copy of my deck, The Tarot of Bones. Other than that, I make leather and fur bags on a regular basis, and occasionally one gets pressed into service.