Methods (crystals) for emotional shielding or self preservation

daphne

Crystals that promote emotional self-preservation or balance.

I am looking to find some crystals (or other means, like incense, meditation, prayer, you name it...) that can help in shielding ones energy and balance emotional state. It is not so much about protection from evil thoughts or intentions, but more about making one stronger in his shoes, opinions, attitude. Not easily influenced or impressed with others emotional state.

As an example, I am very emphatic and I can feel extremely (too) easy what others feel. I vibrate suddenly with their emotional status. This way I can help a lot people in distress, and as a matter of fact, they synchronicity-wise appear in my life to ask for support. People going through difficult, hectic times, for instance facing depression problems, feel better after contacting me.
On the other way, sometimes I feel I am left behind impregnated too much with their energies. Cleansing solves always this problem, but I would rather want to prevent from happening.

I would still want to be able to feel them, but I was thinking how I can remain more into my own emotional self, while I am helping them. Maybe there are crystals promoting one's objectivity, helping to remain cool and compound, without hindering their ability to resonate with the other. Still sensitive and aware of the other needs, but avoid being strong impregnating with their emotions and being affected (too much) by their drama.

I am not sure if this is even possible, we are energies and we interact, we cannot remain completely cold in frond of others misery. But I am convinced we can help others better if we (try to) keep an objective eye. And a sort of firewall in front of the unbalanced emotional overflow into the one how gives support can help this cause.

Apollonia

Hi daphne,

I'm a fellow empath, and I used to be a total wreck much of the time. Now not so much. Some of my personal favorites:

Crystals: Nuummite (my favorite pendant for wearing all the time), Labradorite, Sunstone, Jet, Rutilated Quartz, Tourmalinated Quartz, Prehnite

Book: Become the Most Important Person in the Room: Your 30-Day Plan for Empath Empowerment by Rose Rosetree

Miscellaneous: Orgonite (I keep one in my pocket pretty much all the time, and one by my bedside as well)

Intention/Affirmation Before Readings Etc.: "Today may I be the hollow bone, the hollow reed, the hollow flute. May I bring [healing/information/you name] it to my clients that is only from the highest possible source, only of the highest possible vibration, and may I do so acting only as a conduit, allowing this healing/information/whatever] to flow from Spirit through me, so that at the end of my [readings/healings/what have you], I have more energy than when I began."

I use a similar affirmation whenever I need to go out to Target or wherever, so that I can keep my energy to myself and not feel drained when I get back. And any time I am doing psychic work and physical information from the other person's body starts to come through, I ask that I be shown this, instead of feeling it in my own body.

Obviously there is more to it than just what I have written, and there's a lot of trial and error involved in discovering what works best for you, but I have found a way to be in the world more comfortably, and I am confident that you can too.

daphne

Thank you, Apollonia!

I do not feel depleted, but overwhelmed, hijacked by their emotional state. Sometimes, when very intense, I carry on for a while (until cleansing) their sadness or desperation or anger or frustrations and so on.

I already used Phrenite, Labradorite, Sunstone, Rutilated Quartz, Tourmalinated Quartz, but I do not feel they do the job with me. I have to look into Nuummite, to see how it works.

I will certainly look up the book you mentioned.

Never heard about Orogonit, though... do you have an idea where can I buy it (a trusted source, I mean, I have sometimes doubts things advertised on ebay are what they say they are).

"physical information from the other person's body starts to come through, I ask that I be shown this, instead of feeling it in my own body." - this I find it very interesting, thank you for sharing your experience.
I cannot yet figure out how to make it to be shown to me, and not felt by me.
Actually, it never cross my mind to look into this sort of transmutation of read-out systems, from sensing to cognitive maybe, as I thought if I do not feel it, then I would not have any info at all.
But of course, there are other languages then emo-sensing ones to understand what others feel. Great you discovered them!

Apollonia

Hi, I just go on ebay for Orgonite, I go by best feedback/reviews and I haven't been burned yet.

I used to routinely meld with others emotionally and I found it exhausted me, so it's great that this doesn't happen to you. Now I have a lot more energy and I'm happier and calmer too.

With the physical stuff, I just asked for the information to be shown to me instead of feeling it, and I received what I requested. My guides want to do what they can to help me to be effective in the world, but I have found they do not impinge on my free will by doing what they feel is best for me. I need to find what is best for me, and then request that they adhere to it. Whatever the situation is, I have found that just asking gets me quite far.

As I said, everyone is different. I hope you find what works for you.

stonesatiety

Apollonia: Do you mean aragonite? Orgonite is the name given to a certain type of energy.

daphne: If Apollonia means aragonite, it's easy to find and obtain. The aragonite I have gives off strong, hot energy! I second the experience with exploring and learning what has been best for me, then telling the spiritual entourage that I'd like things to be so.

When I introduce someone to stones or do healing work, I feel what is going on in the other person's body. However, I don't feel drained. Work on boundaries if you choose to use your gift. This might work for you too Apollonia. Fire agate is a superlative teacher regarding boundaries.

Btw: You might put it out there for some regular rocks to come help you. Common rocks are expert at earth surface living and love to share. ;-)

PrincessPaulina

Very interesting discussion!
I agree that it may not be possible to shield yourself 100% from other people's energies, since (as you put it) we do interact.

Personally, I find that dark, protective, grounding stones help me feel shielded & protected.
For example:
- Hematite
- Onyx
- Apache Tears (this one is great for dealing with one's own, or other people's sadness)
- Kyanite helps to shield, cleanse the aura, and protect; it is a self-cleaning stone. The black variety is sometimes called "Witche's Broom". I love both the blue and black!

- Tiger Eye: excellent for protection, never needs cleansing. Comes in Gold, Red & Blue. I keep all 3 in my Medicine Pouch, as to me they symbolize the 3 primary colors (the building blocks of all other colors)

- Selenite wand for "brushing your aura"; but I find that simply holding selenite helps.

I also find it very useful to do a shielding visualization, in which I imagine myself to be in a transparent bubble of light -- like the soap bubbles kids play with, except large and all around me. You can experiment with the colors of the bubble, White being the most basic; Black is the most protective (in situations when I feel really threatened, I make it solid Black). Navy blue is a good one to shield, but remain empathic.
Or you may think of the energy coming out of the other person in terms of a color, and shield yourself in the opposite color (a basic knowledge of the Color Wheel helps :) ) So for example, if the other person is angry, I would associate that with Red, then use Green to shield myself.
Once you get the hang of it, you can even have several different colored bubbles around you, one within the next.
I ask my Guides & Archangel Michael help me create the protective bubble; or sometimes, instead of a bubble, it is a ball of light circling my body.

- Sage & Essential Oils are great to cleanse; I burn the Essential Oils (such as Frankincense, Bergamot, Sandalwood) in an Oil Diffuser

- Very simple visualization: imagine cords of energy between you and the other person, then see yourself cutting these cords. (Lots of info on this if you Google "energy cords removing")

I hope at least some of this is helpful for you! :)

Kristyjnh

I would focus on Root Chakra Protective stones, which will ground you and your emotions. Red Jasper, Bloodstone, Obsidian, Agate and Hematite all fall into this category. Jaspers take time to heal or ground, so if you choose a Jasper, you might have to give it time to work.

You mentioned not wanting to sever the link completely, but some days we just need to close ourselves off so we can meet with our own feelings without outside interference. For those cases, Black Tourmaline is a good option as it doesn't absorb, it repels. Energies, emotional states, whatever may be will be projected away from you. Some people find it too strong, in which case I would recommend Tourmalated Quartz - which I see you have used. Tourmalated Quartz is Quartz with fibers of Black Tourmaline inside.

Apollonia

Apollonia: Do you mean aragonite? Orgonite is the name given to a certain type of energy.
Hi, no, Orgonite is I guess I would say a type of device. It's also called an orgone accumulator which makes more sense as it is supposed to gather energy. I don't know much about the process of making these, but they generally consist of some type of crystal and a metal coil encased in plastic of some type. If you to go ebay and do a search on "orgonite" you will find quite a few listings and explanations of what they are and what they are supposed to do.

I imagine they don't work for everyone, but I like their effect on me.

stonesatiety

Thanks for clarifying, Apollonia! Just making sure. I'm glad it works for you and I'll mention it to others I run into with this issue.

One stone that I've found helps some people stand tall in who they are is amethyst. If it resonates with you, it may help. It can be pretty and flashy as well. ;-)

Another thought. We can pick and choose our "manifestation filters." What made me think of mentioning that is the way I sense what is happening in others when I introduce them to stones or do healing work. I set my intention that I experience NO harmful effects, including energy drain. The other person's stuff is theirs. I have my own, thank you! In that way, I still have the sensations, which often prove the only way to stay with a process and be able to talk about it with the person.