8 of cups + Lovers as feelings

bertsbees

I find this an interesting combination! I keep pulling 8 of cups as a girl's feelings for a guy. The 8 of cups often means moving away from a situation. Or moving on from someone. I pulled another card to clarify and got the Lovers. The Lovers is the couple card. Usually I would think this combination would mean that she had feelings in the past but has now changed her mind and is trying to move on, but they are only mere acquaintances so that can not possibly be it. She is maybe moving past the idea that her and him have a chance at love? What do you guys think?

rwcarter

I sometimes see the 8C as the "put a period and move on" card to quote Judge Judy. The Lovers would highlight that this is a conscious choice that she's made. So if she did have feelings for him at one point, she has decided to move away from those feelings. Since they're acquaintances, she wants to keep it that way.

Grizabella

What first occurred to me is that she's just shown disinterest mostly. She scanned the situation and just moved on. Like when you're in a group of people and you sort of scan the crowd for interesting people and you see this guy but he isn't really your type.

bertsbees

What first occurred to me is that she's just shown disinterest mostly. She scanned the situation and just moved on. Like when you're in a group of people and you sort of scan the crowd for interesting people and you see this guy but he isn't really your type.

This makes the most sense to me from what I know. Thanks for the interpretation.

The HP

She has a deep sadness of walking away from their relationship but has accepted her decision.

headincloud

Only other take I can think of is her goal being the lovers and the discontent related to things not moving in that direction.