Patriotism-which cards?

Puffette

Yes,i know its an odd question but which card(s) or combination might say about someone that he/she is a patriot and would never marry someone from another country or accept moving to another country to have a living? Someone that wanna keep the traditions as a heavenly rule without accepting an outsider in the family. Lets not confuse it with xenophobia(people might tend to think about that but its out of question). I speak only about those people that would only see their lives in their native country and live there till they die.
Example: a friend of mine did a few master degrees outside the country but she always returns at home because she cannot live far from her parents and the style she was raised by. This includes for her also marrying someone from here because she wanna keep the traditions alive.

So,which kings,queens or cards(minors) or majors could express the idea of patriotism?
My first thought went towards the queen of pents cause i see her more traditional in her choices. But what about other cards or combinations that could point that?

laurence

Maybe 4 of pents (holding tight, maintening) and 10 of pents (family values, community).

Padma

The Hierophant is a real traditionalist, and a staunch upholder of doing things in the known and approved way.

DoctorLecter84

The Emperor and the Empress, perhaps -- the 'providers' and protects and defends their loved ones.

Etene

King and Queen of swords would not find any challenge in deciding to reject a foreign tradition, influence, or personality.

Regarding patriotism, itself, it's a matter of taking pride in one's worthiness and worthiness is best figured through competition, so we look to the wands. Four Wands would be the least boastful form, the "ours is the Land of Opportunity" attitude, while Five Wands is more of a "USA is #1" Olympiad attendee type. Nine Wands I can see describing the "Stranger in a strange land" situation, when the traveler abroad complains about how his culture's way is better than the locals' way, wasting words to no useful purpose.

Your consideration of Coins courts would be less about patriotism as a point of pride, and instead, of defensive traditionalism. The Queen of Coins knows what worked for her to amass her fortune, she will not change her ways and risk losing it, and will promote her ways to those seeking an improvement in their station. It's not "We're #1," but "We know what works."

To your example, Queen of Coins + Four Wands would be a sense of safety and reliability rooted in traditional ways.

danieljuk

Been thinking about this and it is a bit of a "stuck in the past" mentality, it's not progressive. It's an old fashioned view. Padma is right about the Hierophant, they don't want the status quo to change, this is how it's been done for generations in this family, don't change it! The 4 of Pentacles as well because they don't want things to change because of a fear for their stability!

I am going to add 6 of Cups, where everything seems so great in the past. If you read reversals the 6 of Cups (rx) is literally stuck in the past and clinging on! Also the reversed court cards of the pentacles, cups and wands suits could reflect that type of people but not the swords folk because the swords use logic and thinking. If you don't read reversals I think I would look for a court card plus any of the suggestions on this thread, it would hard for me to say it by itself!

Puffette

Maybe 4 of pents (holding tight, maintening) and 10 of pents (family values, community).

Very interesting.
I would've never thought about the 4 of pents,but u are right,holding tight onto traditions and keeping them further out of fear of losing them.
10 of pentacles again a card that makes lot of sense and i think its the most apropriate for the term of patriotism.
Thanks!

Puffette

The Hierophant is a real traditionalist, and a staunch upholder of doing things in the known and approved way.

Yep. Good one. He sometimes tends to be too stiff but its understandble when it comes to traditions and keeping the legacy alive.
Thanks!

Puffette

The Emperor and the Empress, perhaps -- the 'providers' and protects and defends their loved ones.

Yes,and now that u mentioned them i do think that as u said,the Emperor tends to be the one that passes by as the protector and the preserver of the traditions. Not having his boundaries crossed.
Empress in this case would be the traditional woman that wanna do it as the ancestors did it,in terms of marriage,raising children and cooking.
Good ones.
Thanks

Puffette

King and Queen of swords would not find any challenge in deciding to reject a foreign tradition, influence, or personality.

Regarding patriotism, itself, it's a matter of taking pride in one's worthiness and worthiness is best figured through competition, so we look to the wands. Four Wands would be the least boastful form, the "ours is the Land of Opportunity" attitude, while Five Wands is more of a "USA is #1" Olympiad attendee type. Nine Wands I can see describing the "Stranger in a strange land" situation, when the traveler abroad complains about how his culture's way is better than the locals' way, wasting words to no useful purpose.

Your consideration of Coins courts would be less about patriotism as a point of pride, and instead, of defensive traditionalism. The Queen of Coins knows what worked for her to amass her fortune, she will not change her ways and risk losing it, and will promote her ways to those seeking an improvement in their station. It's not "We're #1," but "We know what works."

To your example, Queen of Coins + Four Wands would be a sense of safety and reliability rooted in traditional ways.

Interesting ideas. Its good to learn about tarot every day cause we get to discover marvelous oppinions.
Indeed the first thought that crossed my mind was related the pentacles courts because i see them so focused on that coin that i do not see them changing their style too soon,its like they are stiff in their choices even the way they talk or behave and i thought authomatically that this is also reffering to being a patriot. But i understand now that it has more to do with traditionalism rather then legacy.
In my deck i tend to see the 4 of wands as being the house card in every circumstance but with this topic,the term "home" is actually the native country and how that becomes the place that no one can take out of our heart. It is stability and permanency.
Thanks!