Three of Swords Hermit

SweetSiren

Yikes! Was my first thought. But when I thought about what the reading was actually about, these cards seem to be saying something slightly different than their usual meaning. It intrigued me, so I'm posting here for thoughts.

I got these cards in reference to someone's thoughts and feelings about me. I've been going through what you might call a Moon phase in my life, a lot of things from the past are creeping up and different ways of seeing things are rising to the surface. I've been thinking a lot about the brevity of life and how to properly let go of things. I thought I had let go of some stuff, but I've learned I've only repressed it all. Hence, the Moon feeling like a major influence for me right now.

I began following some people from the past on social media. These cards are referring to one of those people, and how they feel/think about this sudden move. I don't know if it was a good or bad move, but I think ultimately, my ride through the past is good. I'm getting to know where I really stand. I feel that I should add I was once upon a time romantically linked to this person. I recently had a dream about him that turned out to be prophetic in nature, and I just felt I was being pushed to do something (definitely not to start things up again).

Seeing these cards, I feel as though the original meaning apply to my perspective from the past. I felt betrayed by them and just went Hermit on my feelings, reclusive. But this isn't about my past perspective, it's about theirs. And I'm a bit stumped. Maybe they have no good feelings towards me and are simply avoiding this stunt I pulled?

That's what I think, but these two cards together look an awful lot like someone thinking very much about something. I don't like to see the Hermit's influence as avoidance.

Absynthe

Actually and pardon my phrasing here. But I think it means they are butt hurt that you went away. The Hermit often comes up for me not to just mean introspection or seeking inner guidance but also to mean the absence of someone, their aloofness or withdrawal from a situation. Although it's rarely a permanent withdrawal, which would be shown by the eight of cups.

SweetSiren

Actually and pardon my phrasing here. But I think it means they are butt hurt that you went away. The Hermit often comes up for me not to just mean introspection or seeking inner guidance but also to mean the absence of someone, their aloofness or withdrawal from a situation. Although it's rarely a permanent withdrawal, which would be shown by the eight of cups.

I think this is a very interesting perspective, and it makes sense looking at the cards. However, it realistically doesn't make sense since they facilitated it. I think they're just withdrawing from this situation. But it is interesting how the Hermit is casting light on the bleeding heart.,

SweetSiren

Another interesting thought- we always attach strong emotions to this card. It's usually about the feelings that come along with rejection. And perhaps in this case, it is purely about rejection.

werewolfmoon

My first thought when I saw this was: painful introspection/soul-searching.

The HP

Also can be a third person, giving advice to a significant other without the other partner knowing. (inside track)

SweetSiren

Also can be a third person, giving advice to a significant other without the other partner knowing. (inside track)

That's pretty neat. How has that come up for you?

SweetSiren

The HP

I was the hermit advising the gf on my first love from 20 years ago. The new gf happened to be one of my child hood friends. So, it was a weird triangle but with Best intentions on my part b