How do you know if it indicates yourself or other woman?

dancingufo

Hi, Forum.

I'm curious how you guys know when you get court cards (and Emperor, Empress etc), if it indicates yourself or third person?

I just did a reading for myself, I asked 'why he didn't text me?' (we were going to have a date but he didn't tell me exactly when. And I'm a bit disappointed about it), and I drew 3 cards, one of them was Reversed Empress. My immediate thought was 'other woman'. So I drew one more card as a clarification and it was Reversed Queen of Wands.

Yes, I know many people think reversed Q/W could indicate other woman, but when I saw this card I was a bit wondering if it was me or not. Because when I did a reading about us this queen was always me. One day (almost 1 year ago) I asked what he felt about me subconsciously, and it was Queen/Wands. And few weeks ago, I asked again what he thought about me, I got Queen of wands again. I don't remember all cases, but just I feel this queen is me when I do a reading about him.

So I was thinking if Empress is myself or other woman.

In my deck, Empress and Queen of wands are only two woman who look like myself. I'm not saying I'm beautiful like them, I'm just saying... they have dark, wave and looooong hair. They look like not white people. And he told me just few days ago, I was so nurturing person and he thought I would be really good mother and royal wife. So, now I'm a bit stuck here.

Who is this Empress?

I'm not asking just about this case. I wanna know how other people know if the card indicates themselves or third person? Could you share your experience?

Dan.

Absynthe

If you don't want to go with the other woman theory then...

I would say the Empress is you, but not you as a person but your actions. You did not nurture the connection in the way expected. Especially clarified by the QoW rx. So my interpretation of that would be.....

He thought you were going to contact him or expected you to pick up the ball in that regard. It could even be that since you didn't he's now travelling down a negative mental road of thinking you aren't interested.

Does that fit the situation?

dancingufo

If you don't want to go with the other woman theory then...

I would say the Empress is you, but not you as a person but your actions. You did not nurture the connection in the way expected. Especially clarified by the QoW rx. So my interpretation of that would be.....

He thought you were going to contact him or expected you to pick up the ball in that regard. It could even be that since you didn't he's now travelling down a negative mental road of thinking you aren't interested.

Does that fit the situation?

Thank you, Absynthe.

I'm cool with the other woman theory, just I was curious even if it's reversed Empress (and reversed Q/W) it could indicate myself. Or it's better to see these two cards as other woman.

And I respect your interpretation, but I even don't know if it fit our situation or not. I really like him. I do. But I don't think he knows it. And I can't express what I feel about him, because I'm afraid if he feels burden.

Yes, I'm not too confident mood at the moment. :) Thanks for your help!

Marsy

I generally always just get the vibe when a court card represents me or someone else. I know the court card I identity with and I pretty much stick to that, now how someone else might view me is a different story but what matters is how I view myself and I prefer when I see the court card that I identify with being the same person I'm viewed as. Which means the person sees and accepts me for who I am and not someone they want me to be which is very important in relationships.

The Empress & Queen of Wands are very different from each other so I wouldn't really relate them both to being you but I wouldn't view them as two different people either. I see The Empress more as action in this case and it could be him choosing not the make the effort with you since he didn't text you because he's with another woman instead.

dancingufo

I generally always just get the vibe when a court card represents me or someone else. I know the court card I identity with and I pretty much stick to that, now how someone else might view me is a different story but what matters is how I view myself and I prefer when I see the court card that I identify with being the same person I'm viewed as. Which means the person sees and accepts me for who I am and not someone they want me to be which is very important in relationships.

The Empress & Queen of Wands are very different from each other so I wouldn't really relate them both to being you but I wouldn't view them as two different people either. I see The Empress more as action in this case and it could be him choosing not the make the effort with you since he didn't text you because he's with another woman instead.

Hi, Marsy.
I wanted to hear how other people read court cards, and thanks for sharing your experience.
It never to read easy for me. :)

Strenght

Hi,
This is an interesting question. I find it sometimes hard to say as well. Explaining multiple court cards or Major arcana cards representing people can even depend on your mood when you're the reading, and how confident you feel at the time!

For me, my intuition usually helps, along with previous readings. Of course the surrounding cards and their dynamics tell their share of the story too.
Would say that Court cards generally point at people in question, and Major Arcana (Empress RX here) to actions and maybe to other people involved.
Empress RX and Queen of Wands RX could be you as in your actions. Or it could be his ex-wife or girlfriend. It depends on the other cards and it would be interesting to know what the other cards were? It is important too to pay attention to your feelings during the reading, as that's when your intuition is speaking to you.

Flames

If the Queen of Wands rx was pulled as a clarification to the Empress rx, then the Queen of Wands is saying the same thing that the Empress is saying, just in a DIFFERENT way. In other words, the Empress rx & Queen of Wands rx is the same person or are saying the same thing - for the way I read. So, it's either YOU or someone else completely. I wouldn't see the Empress and Queen representing two different women. They are the SAME woman. If you hadn't drawn the clarification card, then I might see it as two different people.

In your deck, you say that these women look like you, so based on that, I'd say these cards represent you and not another woman. Of course, I could be wrong. :)

I'm sure it's disappointing that he didn't text. There could be so many reasons why but I don't think it's your job to find out why he didn't (unless you really want to). He said he would text you and he didn't keep his word...so, I would wait to see what happens next. If you mean something to him and he wants to pursue you, he will. If he doesn't, he won't. Either way, it will be okay, right? :)

Saskia

Personally, reversed court cards for me either mean "another person, not you", or the blocked or negative energy of the court card. Empress Rx here could mean "no growth" and the Queen of Wands Rx "no chances for passion and fun". Or, they do mean other woman. In either way, I don't think the date is going to go on :( why wouldn't you text and ask? If he still doesn't react, it's pretty clear cut case.

dancingufo

Hi,
This is an interesting question. I find it sometimes hard to say as well. Explaining multiple court cards or Major arcana cards representing people can even depend on your mood when you're the reading, and how confident you feel at the time!

For me, my intuition usually helps, along with previous readings. Of course the surrounding cards and their dynamics tell their share of the story too.
Would say that Court cards generally point at people in question, and Major Arcana (Empress RX here) to actions and maybe to other people involved.
Empress RX and Queen of Wands RX could be you as in your actions. Or it could be his ex-wife or girlfriend. It depends on the other cards and it would be interesting to know what the other cards were? It is important too to pay attention to your feelings during the reading, as that's when your intuition is speaking to you.

Thanks, Strenght.
Yes, you're right. Nobody can say it's definitely you or not, so I should pay attention. And maybe I should believe what my intuition is speaking. Just sometimes I couldn't believe myself yet. Thanks for good advice!

dancingufo

If the Queen of Wands rx was pulled as a clarification to the Empress rx, then the Queen of Wands is saying the same thing that the Empress is saying, just in a DIFFERENT way. In other words, the Empress rx & Queen of Wands rx is the same person or are saying the same thing - for the way I read. So, it's either YOU or someone else completely. I wouldn't see the Empress and Queen representing two different women. They are the SAME woman. If you hadn't drawn the clarification card, then I might see it as two different people.

In your deck, you say that these women look like you, so based on that, I'd say these cards represent you and not another woman. Of course, I could be wrong. :)

I'm sure it's disappointing that he didn't text. There could be so many reasons why but I don't think it's your job to find out why he didn't (unless you really want to). He said he would text you and he didn't keep his word...so, I would wait to see what happens next. If you mean something to him and he wants to pursue you, he will. If he doesn't, he won't. Either way, it will be okay, right? :)

Hi, Flames.
Yes, I agree with you. I thought Empress rx and Queen/Wands rx is same person or same thing.

Actually I got a text from him today. Just a hour ago. And we are going to meet tomorrow. I felt when he texted me he wanted to me say our date first. So, yes. I'm still not sure why he texted me lately. But anyway thanks for sharing your idea!