Virgo w/ 3 planets in Virgo plus ascendent

Lonnie46

Hi, I am a Virgo with with my Sun, Mars & Venus in Virgo plus my Ascendent is in Virgo as well. All three of those planets are in the 12th House. I also have Pluto in Leo in the 12th House as well.

I was born at 7:00 am on 9-5-1955 in Houston, Texas USA.

What is the significance of having so many planets in the 12th House?

Also, my Moon is in Aries in the 8th House.

lunalafey

rising

I have not started to study houses yet. But what caught my eye was that you are a virgo rising. So am I. But I don't understand how this could be.
It is my understanding that this is the sign on the horizon at birth, what is unclear to me; does that come from your physical location or a fixed one someplace else. I belive that it is based on WHERE. The horizon is in that sign for about 2 hours. I was born at 10:47pm pst. that would be 12 or 1 in texas. You where born at 7am. that is 7 hours difference. Sorry but this is one part of astrology that really confuses me. I try to visulize from space how this works. I know I'm way off (and stuck)in my thinking and it's probably real simple..ahh.

Lonnie46

Hi lunalafey,
Here is my understanding about your question. If you are born around sunrise, & it doesn't matter about the location, then your Ascendant is the same as your Sun Sign. My Sun is in Virgo, & I was born at 7:00 am, so my Rising is also Virgo. I see by your profile that you are a Capricorn, so that explains it. At least that's my understand how this works.

Maybe someone else who is more knowledgable will be able to answer your question in more detail & answer my original question as well.

AquarianGoddess

Lonnie, you're correct.

The Sun stays in each house about two hours, meaning if you're born around 6:00 AM, the Sun in your chart will either be in the 12th or 1st house.

The significance of your 12th house planets is...that's what YOU chose in this lifetime, meaning you chose your time and date of birth, therefore chose the chart you have....we all did the same.

Houses, just like signs and planets have many meanings and in-part, the 12th house stands for: behind the scenes, the medical profession, psychology, the arts, drugs/alcohol addictions, creativity, being intuitive and spiritual, poetry, and service to others.

The Moon in the 8th is a "deep" placement and I can assume that the mysteries of life interest you. You may also be very good at reading people.

Warm wishes,
AG

Lonnie46

Thanks for your reply AquarianGoddess!

I've read a few books on the subject of Houses. From what I understand about the 12th House, it is generally considered to be not only the house of the subconscious, but of heavy karma as well. In other words, there's a lot of heavy dues to be paid in this lifetime.

Also, I've read that when Pluto resides in the 12th House, there may be the opportunity for spiritual enlightenment in this lifetime as well.

It would be interesting to hear what others who are better well on this subject has to say.

purplelady

Gosh , I only have my sun sign in the 12 th house and that's enough for me! I do also have my moon in the 8 th house, and it's virgo! Along with pluto and uranus.
One thing I'm having a hard time understanding AG,
If one's sun sign is in the 12 th house , say virgo.............then how can virgo be rising also? Isn't the FIRST house always the rising sign.............(confused)................How can virgo be the 12 th and the 1st house at the same time.
I suppose I'm probubly doing "simple" astrology and not the intricate mathematical kind for the experts?

Lonnie46

Hi purplelady,
This is a tricky one to explain, but I'll give it my best shot.

On some natal charts, you may have several planets in the same sign, therefore they may be spread out into a couple of houses. In my chart, I also have Pluto in Leo in the 12th House & 2 other planets in Leo in the 11th House.

I think that it all depends on where the location of the planets are at the time of birth. In my case, I have my Sun & 2 other planets in Virgo in the 12th & my rising is in Virgo. But in the 1st House I have Mercury in Libra, which going counterclockwise is the next sign of the Zodiac.

In Peter Sellers chart, his rising sign is Virgo & his Sun is in Virgo in the 1st House. The only way I can explain it is that that was the location of his planets at the time of his birth. He was born at 6 in the morning, an hour before I was.

Well, that's the best way I can explain it. Maybe somebody else will give it a good shot.

AquarianGoddess

Purplelady....how are you? Hope life is grand!!

The house cusps determine where the planets fall in a chart...for instance, if the rising (or ascendent) is 24 degrees Virgo and the Sun is 15 degrees Virgo, then the Sun would be in the 12th because 15 comes BEFORE 24. Let's say Mercury is 28 degrees Virgo, then Mercury would be in the 1st house, because 28 comes AFTER 24. Furthermore, if the second house cusp is 20 Libra, then every planet that's between 24 Virgo and 19 Libra would fall in the 1st house. If you draw it out on paper, it's easier to get the hang of it.

There's a great book by Tracy Marks, simply entitled, "The 12th House", which is a must read. And yes, there's lots of karma attached to the 12th. The vast majority of folks that I've encountered over the years with 12th house planets are very kind, giving, compassionate and evolved.

AG

lunalafey

Rising....I think I get it now...at least I can visulize it a bit

wasn't there some one else who had a bunch of Virgo. It would be interesting to compare personallity notes..