This Deck is REALLY calling to me!

sunflowr

Has anything similar happened to you, with a deck?

The Gill Tarot is haunting my dreams! Several times now over the course of a week or so. Once I had a dream of the Death card. It didnt look a whole lot like the Gill one but enough so that I attributed it to the deck. The figure in it came alive and took it's scythe and was cutting off heads and holding them by the hair for me to see. It all looked so cartoony though. Not at all real.

Last night, this deck was really calling to me. I drempt I was at a bookstore and there were about 8 or 10 people in line at the checkout, and over half of them had the Gill in their hands to purchase. ;) Some had oversized cards, one had a mini-version. And a few, like me (yea, I was buying another copy), had the standard size. I remember thinking, "wow, this deck is sure getting popular!". haha!

Also, I made a separate thread about the court card coincidence I had with the Gill a week ago. (nobody replied, so I will bump it up, or maybe post it in the Gill Study Group).

I'm not having the easiest time reading with this deck and I dont have the book. But, for some reason, this deck really wants me to work with her.

I guess I better. ;)

Flidais

It's got a hold on you, that's for sure! Sounds like you'd better plan on devoting some time to it!

Emily

Hi Sunflowr,

I'm also struggling with the Gill - its very different to what I'm used to - at the moment I'm being comforted by my Giant Rider Waite lol - nothing like being hit in the face by the giant images of this version of the Rider Waite when you hit a rocky patch. :)

I think you should persevere though - this deck is calling to you very much like the Morgan Greer called to me.

I started to use the numerological aspects of the Gill, I have a few RWS books that have these in - just the basics - what the numbers mean, like Aces are foundation cards, cards of potential and new beginnings - Two's are balance and union cards - Just thought I would mention it, it might make the Gill easier to read.

The book to the Gill is very heavy, it gives good interpretations of the cards but when it goes into the kaballah then it gets confusing but I'm getting through it slowly.

Not sure about the colours of the Gill yet, they don't seem to follow the pattern that I'm used to.

I really do like the deck though, but I'm not sure I'm going to be reading it as Elizabeth Gill intended lol

Emily

I thought I would add on to my posting here. :)

Didn't realise it had been a month lol - I am using the Gill but I'm finding that the keywords, colouring and the card images are really working for me now. I can't read this like the RWS symbolism because some of the Minors are very different and when you have the number picture and the keyword of the Gill to go on and no traditional scene like I'm used it, it really makes me work.

Take the RWS 5 Discs - I can never get the idea of that card, and I always think the same things when I see it, its negative, but with just the keywork 'Adaptation' in the Gill, the colour (red) and the way the coins and five are set out - it opens up limitless possibilities that I would never have thought of with the RWS.

Just thought I would post on this because the Gill has been on my mind again these last few days and I think I put it on the backburner too fast because I couldn't find the time to work with it.

bleuivy

sunflowr said:
Has anything similar happened to you, with a deck?

Yup. :) This has happened to me with two decks, the Fey and the Spiral. I hated both when I first saw the scans, and put both on my list of decks I would never own in a million years.

And then, months later, after I had pretty much forgotten about then, they started haunting my dreams. I dreamed I was walking around in the cards, talking to the people in them, reading with the cards, everything. So I took it as a sign that I needed to own them :)

I loved working with them, and had many great readings, especially with the Fey, but they're both in storage now. I think I'll take them out again when I can find a decent corner punch to free them from their borders.

I've recently started dreaming about the Fantastical, which is another deck I hated at first sight and swore I'd never own. I'm looking forward to adding it to my collection. :laugh:

Chronata

This happened to me too...with the Tarot of the III Millennium...
this deck haunted me pretty hugely.

In my dreams...and in my waking life!

I remember that when I got it...I did one amazing, intense, mind blowing reading with it...and now it sits quietly on the shelf, and I don't have the same pull or desire to use it much.

Now those wee little beasties of the Magical Forest are haunting me...(but in a good way!)
I was just dreaming about the Magician card....

Flidais

Alas, many decks have called to me -- and many have been chosen! I seem to have reached a plateau for now, but I can make no guarantees about tomorrow! :D