Tarot Sutra minors & Llewellyn 2006 Almanac

Cerulean

The bargain bin prices of this pleasantly colored, but somewhat snaggy cardstock of Rider Waite Smith images has an additional bonus of italic titles--see below:

http://www.themysticeye.com/pics/sutra.htm

which unexpectedly is a rather pleasant one-line caption that can be a suggested mood for the scenic minors AND suggests to my silly mind an agreeable storyline summary that correlates...

..to the descriptive sentences found by Ms. Mary Greer on the Arthur E. Waite's storylines for the minor suits in her article of Llewellyn's 2006 Almanac!

For instance, Six of Wands has "A Chivalrous Victory" on the Tarot Sutra and Ms. Greer's summary describes the story episode of conquering knights and meeting Lords and Dames on a pilgrimage.

Eight of Wands says "A Flight of Fancy" and the episode described is searching for the Hermit to answer his questions

Nine of Wands says "Eye of the Storm" and the scene is about repentence, being purged and climbing a mountain, where he must fasten his horse to a pillar or face insanity...

I felt like I was finally reading all the right captions on plates to an old-fashioned, pretty picture book and it all makes sense...and I was happily to tuck these discoveries to my box of treasured associations...

In this case, I just like the cards, don't use the book or box with this kit. The Llewellyn Almanac 2006 is good enough to tuck in my travel bag alongside to this pretty RWS variation. The card phrases are also handy for creative writing prompts...

Cerulean

Fulgour

A very sweet deck

My first set of Tarot Sutra cards came with two doubles,
and extra 9 of Cups and Magician card. These we framed
and hung in the front hall, and if my wife or I 'catch' the
other standing in front of it, a little kiss is the house rule.

Jewel-ry

I have this deck Cerulean. I dont think it has left its box since the day I bought it so I shall have to dig it out and have a look at these italic sayings.

I have to say that if my memory serves me right I liked the box more than the contents when I first bought it. It's a wonderful contraption with a magnetic fastening.

Anyway thanks for pointing this out.

~