Can anyone identify this deck for me?

Alta

I had to get the windshield in my car replaced, after some charming person decided to give it a good whack in my absence. I was right next to a strip mall I had never visited, and after having a great time in the clothing consignment store, I hit a second-hand store. And found these cards for $15 Cdn. In a lovely plastic carrying case.

The lwb is in what looks likes cyrillic to me (??) though the front box says:

Taro in large letters with Magical cards for cartomancy and patience written in English.

The cards have Cyrillic (?) and English titles, no keywords. It looks like gold ink highlights and the cards have a lot of texture on the backs.

Attachments

• Back and pips.JPG
    Back and pips.JPG
    89.1 KB · Views: 116
  • Courts.JPG
    Courts.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 98
  • Strength11 and death.JPG
    Strength11 and death.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 126
  • Insert cards.JPG
    Insert cards.JPG
    94.8 KB · Views: 93

Nina*

Wauu... the majors are really gorgeous!!!
Unfortunately I don't like the minors much...

xxx
Nina

Kissa

The word BOCTOK (pronounce [vastok]) that appears on one of the cards (last on right, last pic) means EAST and it is indeed cyrillic.

Great you found out by yourself what the deck is, btw!

Kissa

Eco74

A find indeed. Those cards are gorgeous!
Now to try to figure out why none of the second hand stores around here ever have any tarotdecks..

Alta

Ninamagic said:
Unfortunately I don't like the minors much...
No, same here. They are quite uninspiring.

Alta

Kissa said:
The word BOCTOK (pronounce [vastok]) that appears on one of the cards (last on right, last pic) means EAST and it is indeed cyrillic.
Thanks Kissa!

Little Baron

They are lovely. I might be in the minority but I like the pips. Nice colours.

It looks like a powerful deck to work with. I havn't seen it before. Is it still in print?

Excellent find. Would be interested to hear how it reads.

LB

Alta

Jeannette tells me it is not OOP, just not readily available on this side of the Atlantic.

Little Baron

Thanks Marion.

LB