Intensive Deck Study (IDS) Support Lounge ~ Part IV

DaisyDragonfly

2_Journey said:
Meanwhile, I am thinking of using the Fairytale for its first-ever reading (rather than for plotting help and for study). I have this idea to lay out 12 cards, one for each of the coming 12 months, and then to do a storyteller reading by traveling through the cards and tales within them as though I was telling my story for the coming 12 months. Then, I might expand each month's tale into a short story as that month progresses, to really flesh out the tale and learn its secrets inside and out. In essence to do a year-long storyteller reading.

I also think I might be a little nuts. :laugh: What do you guys think?

I think that sounds awesome :D I love storytelling readings... they don't always work, but when they do, they're quite profound. Yours sounds amazing: I like the idea of coming back to each fairytale as the month progresses. A great way of exploring the card further!

Let us know how you get on... :D

yaraluna

Lately I've been having difficulties with the swords. I don't know why but I get stuck with some of the cards right when i am doing a spread. I go blank!

then i try a few days later and it goes well for most of it. this month has certainly been challenging for me with the swords. it is as if I have forgotten how to read them!

yara, the frustrated swords dealer :)

2_Journey

DaisyDragonfly said:
I think that sounds awesome :D I love storytelling readings... they don't always work, but when they do, they're quite profound. Yours sounds amazing: I like the idea of coming back to each fairytale as the month progresses. A great way of exploring the card further!

Let us know how you get on... :D

Thanks for the encouragement! :D

I've never done a storyteller reading before, so this would be a first for me. After I posted last night, I thought about doing this type of reading more, and started getting really excited about it. So I'll probably do it.

Strange: I'm talking about doing a year-long storyteller reading, which is by far the biggest reading I've ever done, and I'm getting nervous and excited at the same time. Yay!!!

victoria.star

Holey Moley.
Wow.

I am posting here after completing my first reading with the Ironwing for the IDS.
I used a New Deck spread from Fire Cat in the Spread Thread.

5 cards and 2 hours of writing later....

Holey Moley.

I might have to adjust my "commitments" and scale back on what I thought might be daily 3 card readings. The deck has so much to say and my brain just lights up on most cards....

I don't know if I have 2 hours a day to write ;)

That being said, I give thanks to the Ironwing for a wonderful meeting.
I hope I was respectful and open to its teachings.
Please forgive me any mistakes I made.
Thank you for your involvement in my life and for talking to me.

Last thing, I know I didn't shuffle well enough--though I know "well enough" is relative--however the reading was beautiful and a bit uncanny (like answering questions almost verbatim, using the words in the spread!)

I had thought about re-doing it, cause the cards were sequential in one place, but then I respected the deck and thought "this is what it wants to say".

I did use the book and then did some intuitive reflections and then addressed the question posed in the spread.
wow.
enough writing for now!

hope everyone is well have a great day:)

Carla

Today I entered the card 2 of Pentacles of my Universal Waite deck. The juggler and I had a right good natter, and I ended up talking to an old woman I met in the scene. She offered me an empty basket.

'What do I do with this?' I asked.

'Put stuff in it of course,' she said.

'But how am I supposed to carry a basket if I'm busy juggling?' I asked.

'Juggle with your head, carry with your heart,' she answered.

'Oh.'

'Trust me,' she said.

I have no idea what she meant, but I like it! :)

thorhammer

yara ~ sometimes I have trouble with a certain suit, too. For me it's usuallyl the Cups . . . and the Wands . .. and the Pents :D :| you get the idea! So don't stress, it's just the time of life. Maybe you could remove the Swords from the deck just for one reading, and ask what their blankness is trying to tell you?

2_Journey ~ what are the details of this year-long storytelling spread you're planning? I'm interested :)

VS ~ I'm so glad that the IronWing is everything you hoped it would be :heart: Your reading sounds traumatic but awesome :D Two hours of writing would be hard work! It sounds like you guys have a lot to say to one another ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just wanted to say, too - totally unrelated to anyone's posts - that if you want to post about a reading that you're doing or have done with your IDS deck, the place to post that is in Your Readings, or else Personal Readings and Exchanges. It's perfectly fine to talk about a reading as a whole here, or a particular card's message in the context of your IDS, but if you want to post about a certain card then either Using Tarot Cards or the relevant Study Group is the way to go.

Pseudo-mod getting off soap-box now :D Carry on! As you were!

\m/ Kat

thorhammer

Carla said:
'Juggle with your head, carry with your heart,' she answered.
I think she's onto something ;) Lucky you! That sounds awesome!

\m/ Kat

2_Journey

victoria.star, your reading sounds phenomenal! Two hours of writing for a 5-card spread. I've had decks like that in the past, and doing a reading like that feels both cleansing and draining at the same time. It's good to know you're getting along with your deck as well as you are!

thorhammer said:
2_Journey ~ what are the details of this year-long storytelling spread you're planning? I'm interested :)

I'm still working out the details. Here is what I'm thinking so far. I'll do a 12 card spread (one card for each month in 2010), and lay the cards out in a wheel, clockwise. The question for each month will be (I think): "What am I meant to learn in this month?" Then, I want to journey into the stories to meet the characters that will be my guides and teachers over the course of each month. The initial reading will begin with one written story in which I journey, like the fool, though the 12 fairytale that will be my signposts for the coming year, to meet each of the characters, and to get to know the stories better.

That will all (hopefully) be done by Jan 1, 2010.

The second phase is the tricky part.

I have this crazy idea that over the course of 2010, I want to explore each fairytale in more detail, learn about and around it more, and writing is my favorite hobby and method of personal experssion. So, for January, I'll expand the fairytale on January's card into a short story, and then Febuary, and so on. By the end of the year, I'll hopefully have 13 short stories written (one for the intial reading, 12 for the 12 months in the year), and a much deeper understanding of the fairytales that came up as well as how the deck will work for me.

That's the plan, anyway. What do you think? I'm open to suggestions! :)

thorhammer

I think it's a brilliant idea. It sounds like a great way to not only get a good handle on (at least 13 cards of) your deck ;), but also get some good personal transformative work done in the process. And that's what it's all about, in the end, isn't it?

\m/ Kat