Working with Labradorite

Padma

Thanks, wildchilde, I appreciate the solidarity! I guess I, too, like to handle lots of stones, not just the ones that sparkle or get iridescent or what have you -- I enjoy seeing how they react to light, what their overall shape/outline morphs into as I rotate them, that kind of thing -- but it comes on extra strong with respect to Labradorite.

And I will definitely post a report here about whether or not I cart home some new additions to my collection tonight!

Don't feel bad about admiring the Labradoressence - or the light in any crystal...if it is what grabs you, it is for you. I have a niece who cannot enjoy crystals, but loves trees...Now, I love trees, but I cannot hang out in a forset for hours on end. She can. But, I can hang out in the crystal store forever! :laugh: we are what we are, we are given to stone or sea or forest or air...and we all have a purpose :) and we all work together. So wear your Labradorite (or anything else!) with pride! lol!

frac_ture

@ frac_ture ....your so welcome and not to worry for not commenting about my comments. LOL I say what I feel....not to put people in a position of having to thank me. I actually need to go back and read some of your suggestions...it's amazing what you dream up : ) Like a chef but with different ingredients : )

Oh and I'll admit here....ok imagine me walking down the street delivering the mail only to stop and pull my piece of labradorite out of my pocket just to see it glisten when the light hits it just right : ) And to feel bad about the little boo-boos it got from me hauling it everywhere. LOL

Ha! What a great image, to think of you getting little bursts of Labradorescence to help you along your route! And thanks so much for the nice compliment about my posts! I really like the chef idea, and appreciate that a lot! :)

Don't feel bad about admiring the Labradoressence - or the light in any crystal...if it is what grabs you, it is for you...

You're right, of course. I think I just felt a little goofy realizing that I might on one hand dismiss someone with a short attention span as a person "easily distracted by shiny objects," and yet here I am, walking into bookcases and walls in the metaphysical shops whenever a particularly sweet and sparkly piece of Labradorite waves at me from across the room...

So I'm also straggling in with my shopping report a few days later, but the other night, I did visit the metaphysical store I mentioned, and I did come home with a few new items! I haven't had a chance to work with them at all yet, as I've been swamped with stuff, and I also have a few other stones in the queue to get through first, but I ended up bringing home a piece each of yellow fluorite, orange calcite, and honey calcite, representing the yellow/orange part of the spectrum pretty well. I also was compelled to grab up a piece of something called copal resin, which I'd never heard of before -- it's essentially like a substance that will become amber when it grows up (just give it a few hundred thousand years, or however long it takes...). The piece I got is yellowish in color (amber is darker in shade, and more...I don't know how to say what I want here...defined? forceful? resolved?), and this particular one is naturally shaped like a sort of spear or needle or small wand of sorts. It has a bunch of tiny insects suspended inside it, too, so between those and being tree resin, it has this whole awesome "breath of life" thing going on for me. I'll try to start new threads for these later as I get into exploring them...

But to stay on thread-topic here, the shop also had some new Labradorite pieces, including a couple of small spheres, a couple of rather large chunks that set off my drool-response, and two large, mostly flat slabs that did the same. So much Labradoressence in them! I'm starting to think that if I was movie-star rich, I'd be sinking ludicrous amounts of cash into crystal purchases, and I might start with a full-blown Labradorite chamber...;)

DownwardSpiral

for frac_ture

I think Labradorite has something special in store for you : )

Padma

I really like the chef idea, and appreciate that a lot! :)

lol...DownwardS had it right, actually - we are like a bunch of chefs messing around with the same ingredients, and all coming up with different results :)

You're right, of course. I think I just felt a little goofy realizing that I might on one hand dismiss someone with a short attention span as a person "easily distracted by shiny objects," and yet here I am, walking into bookcases and walls in the metaphysical shops whenever a particularly sweet and sparkly piece of Labradorite waves at me from across the room...

Hahahahahaha! ;p glad it isn't just me! You could dangle any crystal in front of me and get the same results! :laugh: some days, even car keys will do it :)

But to stay on thread-topic here, the shop also had some new Labradorite pieces, including a couple of small spheres, a couple of rather large chunks that set off my drool-response, and two large, mostly flat slabs that did the same. So much Labradoressence in them! I'm starting to think that if I was movie-star rich, I'd be sinking ludicrous amounts of cash into crystal purchases, and I might start with a full-blown Labradorite chamber...;)

Ha! I have always said, if I could, I would live inside a crystal house, like Merlin in his crystal cave...frac_ture, seems like we are from the same tribe *wink*

Blackstar

I don't work with crystals in any deliberate way, but I was given some advice by a psychic this past winter. She told me I was an empath, and that I had very weak defenses against other people's emotions (explains why I can't stand crowds!). She advised me to always keep a piece of blue labradorite with me to protect my energy from being sucked away, as well as to keep me from feeling overwhelmed. I do find it to be effective – I feel much less engulfed in everyone's problems than I used to.

Wintergreen, we have that in common. Can't wait to try it.

OMG! I cannot imagine having a crystal the size of a lumpy basketball! It must have been beautiful! even if it were the murky 'muddy' color--like mine. sounds intriguing. perhaps one day I can have something like this too. that would be way cool. :)

I just laughed at the thought of this lady dragging her huge Labradorite out in the rain to clean it and leaving it on the sun to charge it, then dragging it inside again. :D

Just wanted to ask you guys, how do you feel about piercing crystals? I have a wonderful little piece of Labradorite but I want to wear it as a pendant. Some people say it's less useful if you pierce it, though I doubt it because it seems logical to me that the energy remains the same.

Also, here's a picture of a reeeeally beautiful Labradorite. (I notice there's a lot of reeeeally's and beeeeauuutiful's used for descriptions in this topic) http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs26/f/2008/091/2/f/Labradorite_by_drjimmymrjim.jpg

DownwardSpiral

OMG is all I can say to that huge piece of labradorite. I don't know about piercing crystals. The first thought that came to mind was my piece looked like it had fracture? lines beneath the surface and I managed to put a few chips in it just carrying it in my pocket. So for my piece trying to put a hole in it would probably just leave it in a few pieces. Try doing a search for those little wire cages you can put stones in or also try a search as some people will wrap stones with wire to wear them as jewelry. I hope this helps you.

Wintergreen, we have that in common. Can't wait to try it.

I just laughed at the thought of this lady dragging her huge Labradorite out in the rain to clean it and leaving it on the sun to charge it, then dragging it inside again. :D

Just wanted to ask you guys, how do you feel about piercing crystals? I have a wonderful little piece of Labradorite but I want to wear it as a pendant. Some people say it's less useful if you pierce it, though I doubt it because it seems logical to me that the energy remains the same.

Also, here's a picture of a reeeeally beautiful Labradorite. (I notice there's a lot of reeeeally's and beeeeauuutiful's used for descriptions in this topic) http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs26/f/2008/091/2/f/Labradorite_by_drjimmymrjim.jpg

DownwardSpiral

Ok as I've been struggling the past few days to find a crystal to work with...I'm being pointed to labradorite. So I re-read its properties and this time I'm going to work with a different piece I have. This one is smaller and a murky green with white lines running through it. I took it outside in the light to see if I could see any labradorescence. There's only a few tiny spots and if I wasn't looking for it I would probably miss it.

So let's see what labradorite wants to show me this time.

Padma

I am sure it will be good, DS. One thing I find with Labradorite, is you can never go wrong with it - it always works, it does what it is supposed to do, and when it is done working with you, it tells you. It also makes it pretty darn clear when you *should* be working with it. Darn stuff has a mind of its own! lol!

DownwardSpiral

Ahahahahahaha!!!!!!!! I hope it is good and no more suprises : )

Padma

Ahahahahahaha!!!!!!!! I hope it is good and no more suprises : )

But Labradorite is so calming, and so good... *wink* this is actually a very soothing stone to work with, I find. You'll be ok! You'll see! lol!