Working with Labradorite

frac_ture

...I like to have my clients close their eyes as I put certain crystals on their palms. I ask them to give me a rating from 1-10 as to how intense the energy is they feel.

Every single time Labradorite seems to be either 8 or a 10 for people. The other one that gets a lot of high ratings is clear quartz.

Wow, that is really interesting! If you ever feel like putting together a chart or table of your findings, I'll bet I'm not the only one here who'd be keen to see it! I'd be really curious to know if the responses fall in line with the prevailing knowledge about which stones are supposed to be "high energy" or not. Cool that Labradorite makes such a strong showing, though!

DownwardSpiral

Wow, that is really interesting! If you ever feel like putting together a chart or table of your findings, I'll bet I'm not the only one here who'd be keen to see it! I'd be really curious to know if the responses fall in line with the prevailing knowledge about which stones are supposed to be "high energy" or not. Cool that Labradorite makes such a strong showing, though!

That would be an interesting chart. Something I had meant to say was for anyone doubting crystals and their vibrations to try holding a piece of Labradorite as the vibrations (at least for me) were very strong to the point there was no doubting if it was me or the crystal I felt.

Frac_ture I'm glad to see you tried meditating but sorry you didn't get a response. I wonder if you try to meditate with the wand again to point it toward you. You could lay down and lay the wand above your head with the point aiming at your head. Not sure if this is what you may have tried. Also I'll mention here when I first did my meditation I was really tired so I started to fall asleep. Then I woke up with a oh yeah I'm suppossed to be meditating and still managed to doze off a few more times. I finally snapped out of it and then things started happening. So maybe the next time give it a few extra minutes?

Also I just wanted to add in reading some of the recent responses about possibly your system isn't ready to work with this crystal....at this point I would say anything is possible and this may very well be. I got the feeling this crystal means business and it will synchronize events almost simultaneously to give answers. I would be curious to see you work with a "yellow" crystal and see if it gives you some amazing results. The labradorite may have been pointing you in that direction as it may have been working on a very subtle level. Did you notice any synchronicities while you were working with it?

Mysticesque

I definitely plan on putting a chart together once I get enough people to partake in my little experiment! :D

Initially my intentions with the crystal experiment was to figure out which crystals worked best for my clients in regards to energy work (assuming that crystals they rate higher on the scale might be more beneficial when dealing with certain work). Only after thinking about the results did I realize that Labradorite seemed to be high on the list regardless of who I experimented on.

I have a palm sized Labradorite, and that was the one I placed in the hands of the people who rated it highly. Being skeptical, I decided to remove the palm sized stone and replaced it with a smaller piece of Labradorite (though they didn't know that, as they couldn't see anything) only to be told that, "This one is also a ten!" I'll keep a chart and post the progress sometime if I can get enough volunteers! :D

Padma

I definitely plan on putting a chart together once I get enough people to partake in my little experiment! :D

Initially my intentions with the crystal experiment was to figure out which crystals worked best for my clients in regards to energy work (assuming that crystals they rate higher on the scale might be more beneficial when dealing with certain work). Only after thinking about the results did I realize that Labradorite seemed to be high on the list regardless of who I experimented on.

I have a palm sized Labradorite, and that was the one I placed in the hands of the people who rated it highly. Being skeptical, I decided to remove the palm sized stone and replaced it with a smaller piece of Labradorite (though they didn't know that, as they couldn't see anything) only to be told that, "This one is also a ten!" I'll keep a chart and post the progress sometime if I can get enough volunteers! :D

That's fascinating - I can't wait to read your findings! I was interested to note the size of the crystal didn't matter. Thanks for keeping us up to speed, Mysticesque :)

frac_ture

Frac_ture I'm glad to see you tried meditating but sorry you didn't get a response. I wonder if you try to meditate with the wand again to point it toward you. You could lay down and lay the wand above your head with the point aiming at your head. Not sure if this is what you may have tried. Also I'll mention here when I first did my meditation I was really tired so I started to fall asleep. Then I woke up with a oh yeah I'm suppossed to be meditating and still managed to doze off a few more times. I finally snapped out of it and then things started happening. So maybe the next time give it a few extra minutes?

Also I just wanted to add in reading some of the recent responses about possibly your system isn't ready to work with this crystal....at this point I would say anything is possible and this may very well be. I got the feeling this crystal means business and it will synchronize events almost simultaneously to give answers. I would be curious to see you work with a "yellow" crystal and see if it gives you some amazing results. The labradorite may have been pointing you in that direction as it may have been working on a very subtle level. Did you notice any synchronicities while you were working with it?

I'm really pressed for time today, but wanted to at least chime in quickly here... Thanks for your thoughts, DownwardSpiral! I did actually try some of the things you suggested (ie., positioning the Labradorite wand in different ways, on or near chakras, etc.), but still didn't feel anything very concrete, and no, I didn't notice any synchronicities during that period of working with it (although I have noticed such things -- sometimes very strongly! -- when using other crystals, so it's not like I'm completely oblivious to such phenomena...). As we've discussed, though, I'm going to take that as a result in and of itself for now, and sort of gently contemplate what that might mean, without needing or expecting any major, active effects from everything I do with every single crystal...;) I think that's a wise approach, and this thread has been really helpful in awakening me to it.

Also, tomorrow I'll be at one of the shops here in town where I like to buy crystals, so I'm going to be very open to see what they have in the way of yellow and orange stones -- if any of them jump out at me, they shall be accompanying me home, with reports to follow here!

And I'm so with you when it comes to the constant possibility of simply dozing off while trying to meditate...I fall prey to that way more often than I'd like, and many times even while sitting upright! Practice will make perfect, though, I guess...

Thanks so much for sharing, Mysticesque! These really are some pretty fascinating results! Like Lotus Padma said, it's really interesting that the size of the stone didn't seem to affect people's ability to feel the strength of Labradorite's vibrations. I can only repeat that I'll be seriously eager to see a larger recap of your findings if you do ever feel like you have enough to share!

DownwardSpiral

I'm really pressed for time today, but wanted to at least chime in quickly here... Thanks for your thoughts, DownwardSpiral! I did actually try some of the things you suggested (ie., positioning the Labradorite wand in different ways, on or near chakras, etc.), but still didn't feel anything very concrete, and no, I didn't notice any synchronicities during that period of working with it (although I have noticed such things -- sometimes very strongly! -- when using other crystals, so it's not like I'm completely oblivious to such phenomena...). As we've discussed, though, I'm going to take that as a result in and of itself for now, and sort of gently contemplate what that might mean, without needing or expecting any major, active effects from everything I do with every single crystal...;) I think that's a wise approach, and this thread has been really helpful in awakening me to it.

Also, tomorrow I'll be at one of the shops here in town where I like to buy crystals, so I'm going to be very open to see what they have in the way of yellow and orange stones -- if any of them jump out at me, they shall be accompanying me home, with reports to follow here!

And I'm so with you when it comes to the constant possibility of simply dozing off while trying to meditate...I fall prey to that way more often than I'd like, and many times even while sitting upright! Practice will make perfect, though, I guess...

Thanks so much for sharing, Mysticesque! These really are some pretty fascinating results! Like Lotus Padma said, it's really interesting that the size of the stone didn't seem to affect people's ability to feel the strength of Labradorite's vibrations. I can only repeat that I'll be seriously eager to see a larger recap of your findings if you do ever feel like you have enough to share!

Haha now it's me that's pressed for time : ) Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I've picked up in reading your threads as well as your amazing suggestions that you're no newcomer to crystals and as such I would imagine would pick up very quickly on a crystals effects. I'm sorry to read that trying my suggestions didn't boost anything coming from your labradorite.

Still the labradorite brought you to this thread...and then the suggestion for a yellow stone so that could very well be this crystal working its "magic" to help you.

With meditating I just don't seem to get enough sleep and so will fall asleep. In my meet your guides meditations 214red said it was ok if I fell asleep as far as the information coming through. LOL so a combo of sleep/meditation though lately when I fall asleep it's just sleep.

When labradorite is ready to work with you it will call you...this crystal has a way of being very direct.

Also I too wanted to note that I'm glad to see the size didn't make a difference as far as the ability to pick up on the vibrations.

And a final note.....while I was looking through my crystals to choose my next victim : )
I stumbled across another piece of labradorite I had purchased. This one is more green with white bands running through it (also my 2 pieces of labradorite were purchased from different people) So at some point I will give this piece a test run and see if my experiences vary. : )

frac_ture

Still the labradorite brought you to this thread...and then the suggestion for a yellow stone so that could very well be this crystal working its "magic" to help you.

Very excellent point! I'm definitely still heading to the local occult shop this evening, and I still intend to scan the stones on display with an eye toward seeing if any yellows or oranges jump out at me. I won't force anything, either, though -- I don't want to buy something just for the sake of buying something. It's not like I don't already have a heap of stones here at home that haven't yet gotten their fair due!

On another related and relevant note, though... I was at a friend's place yesterday for a meeting that had to do with some esoteric concerns, and she has lots of great occult-related things in her apartment, including quite a few gemstones on display. The ones that caught my attention first, grabbed it the hardest, and held it the longest were two good-sized tumbled pieces of...Labradorite. I realized that whenever I come across this stone -- my own pieces of it, items on sale at stores, stones incorporated into people's jewelry -- I feel compelled to see how much "Labradoressence" each one has. It affects me like I'm a little kid: "Ooooh!! Shiny!! Pretty!! Glittery!!" Maybe that's a weird and shallow thing to focus on, but then again, I can't ignore what's a pretty visceral and honest reaction welling up from inside myself, so...long-winded way of saying I still have a crush on Labradorite, and will surely return again and again, even if a given round of work and experimentation seems to show few, if any, discernible results...

With meditating I just don't seem to get enough sleep and so will fall asleep. In my meet your guides meditations 214red said it was ok if I fell asleep as far as the information coming through. LOL so a combo of sleep/meditation though lately when I fall asleep it's just sleep.

I was distressed when I first began meditating and found myself falling asleep fairly often...but then I later discovered that this is not at all uncommon. In some ways, it might even be a good sign: it means success in achieving relaxation (especially if it happens when you're not already sleepy at the beginning of the session). I think it's always a matter of threading the needle between too much relaxation (=sleep!) and too little (=chattering mind that won't shut up). Certain stones are said to help with this as well (crystals -- what can't they do??! :)).

ETA: Just wanted to say thank you, DownwardSpiral, for the kind words about my threads/posts! I apologize for not saying so initially -- maybe we can blame my lack of manners on a deficit of caffeine when I was posting, and put the whole thing behind us...;) But thank you, I appreciate the nice thoughts!

wildchilde

On another related and relevant note, though... I was at a friend's place yesterday for a meeting that had to do with some esoteric concerns, and she has lots of great occult-related things in her apartment, including quite a few gemstones on display. The ones that caught my attention first, grabbed it the hardest, and held it the longest were two good-sized tumbled pieces of...Labradorite. I realized that whenever I come across this stone -- my own pieces of it, items on sale at stores, stones incorporated into people's jewelry -- I feel compelled to see how much "Labradoressence" each one has. It affects me like I'm a little kid: "Ooooh!! Shiny!! Pretty!! Glittery!!" Maybe that's a weird and shallow thing to focus on, but then again, I can't ignore what's a pretty visceral and honest reaction welling up from inside myself, so...long-winded way of saying I still have a crush on Labradorite, and will surely return again and again, even if a given round of work and experimentation seems to show few, if any, discernible results...

I don't think this is weird or shallow, at all. Of course, I could be biased in my opinion, because I am exactly the same way with ALL crystals. Even non-opaque ones, I always hold to the light and move in various ways just to see how they "react" and what beauty is locked inside them.

I am very excited to see if you find any stones that "speak" to you on your trip to the metaphysical store. :)

frac_ture

I don't think this is weird or shallow, at all. Of course, I could be biased in my opinion, because I am exactly the same way with ALL crystals. Even non-opaque ones, I always hold to the light and move in various ways just to see how they "react" and what beauty is locked inside them.

I am very excited to see if you find any stones that "speak" to you on your trip to the metaphysical store. :)

Thanks, wildchilde, I appreciate the solidarity! I guess I, too, like to handle lots of stones, not just the ones that sparkle or get iridescent or what have you -- I enjoy seeing how they react to light, what their overall shape/outline morphs into as I rotate them, that kind of thing -- but it comes on extra strong with respect to Labradorite.

And I will definitely post a report here about whether or not I cart home some new additions to my collection tonight!

DownwardSpiral

@ frac_ture ....your so welcome and not to worry for not commenting about my comments. LOL I say what I feel....not to put people in a position of having to thank me. I actually need to go back and read some of your suggestions...it's amazing what you dream up : ) Like a chef but with different ingredients : )

Oh and I'll admit here....ok imagine me walking down the street delivering the mail only to stop and pull my piece of labradorite out of my pocket just to see it glisten when the light hits it just right : ) And to feel bad about the little boo-boos it got from me hauling it everywhere. LOL