Repeated Card throughout tarot spreads

grubbaj0

Lately I cannot do a spread without pulling the page of swords. Two days in a row I pulled the Page of swords for my overarching theme for the day. Then I was flipping through my deck and the page of swords fell out. It's also been in various spreads (although I haven't unfortunately written them down or their position). I know the page of swords can represent a young woman, full of energy, passion, even mentally restless. I know the page of swords also represents a sort of go for it mentality. As to go for what, that requires my meditation. I'm just so in shock because this has never happened to me to this extent.

Has this ever happened to you for any cards? What do you think it means when the same card keeps coming up in readings. Thanks!

Ace

When I first learned tarot, the teacher said, "Anything that comes up three times is true." I later learned that was from Lewis Carroll, but I still think it works for tarot also.

barb

Deana86

Lately I cannot do a spread without pulling the page of swords. Two days in a row I pulled the Page of swords for my overarching theme for the day. Then I was flipping through my deck and the page of swords fell out. It's also been in various spreads (although I haven't unfortunately written them down or their position). I know the page of swords can represent a young woman, full of energy, passion, even mentally restless. I know the page of swords also represents a sort of go for it mentality. As to go for what, that requires my meditation. I'm just so in shock because this has never happened to me to this extent.

Has this ever happened to you for any cards? What do you think it means when the same card keeps coming up in readings. Thanks!
I have had the 2 or cups come up 5x in 5 days in a row when it came to questions regarding my ex and it has also fallen out of the deck. I do believe this is meant to be a message that the tarot is trying so hard to tell you. I still don't exactly know what the tarot was trying to tell me but it has stopped coming out of the deck now.
When I first learned tarot, the teacher said, "Anything that comes up three times is true." I later learned that was from Lewis Carroll, but I still think it works for tarot also.

barb

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

EmpyreanKnight

Perhaps you are about to encounter a Page of Swords kind of person, or someone you already know who is of this type is going to play an important role in succeeding events in your life. This Page would be someone to watch out for, though not necessarily in a negative sense.

Barleywine

It would be especially interesting if you kept switching decks and it still repeated. If from the same deck, I would first consider the thoroughness of my shuffling practices. A card that legitimately repeats that often usually has an important message for you (unless you keep asking the same question over-and-over, in which case it's just beating you over the head).

SunChariot

Absolutely, in fact that is where the name SunChariot originated. As you can imagine, from the 2 cards: The Sun and The Chariot. Sun because when I was starting to read, The Sun card came up EVERYWHERE. It amazed me and happened way too often to be coincidence. It was a big part of what convinced me that Tarot is real, something real was happening there, and it was not just coincidence. THAT many instances of The Sun coming up each time could not be mere coincidence. Any more than getting meaningful answers over and over and over each time could be.

(The Chariot, was simply because it was the card associated with my zodiac sign).

What I think it means when the same card keeps coming up in readings is that it has a message for you. It will keep coming up until you see and assimilate the message. If it is coming up in readings on all kinds of topics, then my take on it is that the card has a personal message for you about your life, unrelated to the topics of the readings. Yes, it answers the readings too or it would not come up. But coming up in multiple readings on all kinds of topics, to me says that it is trying to tell you something personal about your life as well.

It can be anything at all, as I said my instance of The Sun, was just meant to tell me that yes Tarot is real and it works and is not random. But you are the one best suited to understand what the intended message is for you.

Babs

danieljuk

A tarot card for a day is a "small message", it tends to not be a grand life theme or important advice. If you get the same card for many days, for me it just means you have similar days in a row. I once had a nightmare week and it had the same negative card for most of the days :)

If you are getting the same card (Page of Swords) in a range of different readings, this means you need to pay attention to it, the tarot is trying to get your attention. So what message from this Page could need your attention? Could someone be gossiping behind your back? This card can be a sort of gossipy spy, this could be a warning to you, don't gossip or discuss someone else with another person because in future it could come back to you. Be mindful of what you say to other people as this is a big communication card and sometimes this Page says too much or the wrong thing. But on the positive this card is a "go for it" type sign, take all your ideas and energy and run with it.

I find the repeating cards follow me until I either act on them or at least acknowledge the message.

If you really can't find the meaning to you, there is a good technique suggested by many ATers. Take the card out and put it down at the top. Now ask what is the message of this card? and deal 2 or 3 cards under it (as many or few as you want) for help decoding it's message :)

grubbaj0

barb

I'm starting to think she is my signifier even though I'm a fire sign! Still keeps coming up as well

grubbaj0

Absolutely, in fact that is where the name SunChariot originated. As you can imagine, from the 2 cards: The Sun and The Chariot. Sun because when I was starting to read, The Sun card came up EVERYWHERE. It amazed me and happened way too often to be coincidence. It was a big part of what convinced me that Tarot is real, something real was happening there, and it was not just coincidence. THAT many instances of The Sun coming up each time could not be mere coincidence. Any more than getting meaningful answers over and over and over each time could be.

(The Chariot, was simply because it was the card associated with my zodiac sign).

What I think it means when the same card keeps coming up in readings is that it has a message for you. It will keep coming up until you see and assimilate the message. If it is coming up in readings on all kinds of topics, then my take on it is that the card has a personal message for you about your life, unrelated to the topics of the readings. Yes, it answers the readings too or it would not come up. But coming up in multiple readings on all kinds of topics, to me says that it is trying to tell you something personal about your life as well.

It can be anything at all, as I said my instance of The Sun, was just meant to tell me that yes Tarot is real and it works and is not random. But you are the one best suited to understand what the intended message is for you.

Babs

What kind of message did the sun have for you? With the Page of Swords, it must be about communicated ideas. Which I am a bit secretive and not always the best communicator. I thought the Page of Swords represented my feisty nature but maybe it's telling me to be more open...

SunChariot

What kind of message did the sun have for you? With the Page of Swords, it must be about communicated ideas. Which I am a bit secretive and not always the best communicator. I thought the Page of Swords represented my feisty nature but maybe it's telling me to be more open...

Well at the start, when I was learning Tarot, I was having some relationship problems. That was what started me with Tarot. I was in so much pain, I needed help in any shape or form at the time, so I was willing to consider looking for help anywhere even to Tarot (which I otherwise would have been SURE could not possibly work).'

While it did address the relationship and warmth is a part of any good relationship and it certainly needed healing at the time BUT, honestly I don't think that was really the message for me.

The REAL message that the card had for me was that Tarot WORKS. That was a HUGE message for me that I needed to learn.

When I picked up my first deck of cards I was very SURE it could not ever work. It was heavily drummed into me and I was sure of it. But desperate enough to try anything.

I think the real message for me in it, and the real reason I made my name SunChariot, is that for months when I was starting out The Sun followed me everywhere. ANYTIME I asked on the subject...there it was.

The Sun card was what convinced me beyond a shadow of a doubt that yes Tarot works. At first, I tried to tell myself the same card coming up so often was just coincidence. But when it comes up like 100 times in a row to similar questions, I was like "HEY something more is happening here. It is not logical to call something that happens 100 times in a row non-stop mere coincidence. It has happened too many times. Something more is happening here. And its real!"

That, The Sun, card coming up so often showed me that Tarot IS real and something real is actually happening when we read. It was that card (The Sun) that convinced me. Tarot works. Period. 100 times in a row is NOT coincidence. It happened too many times in a row for me to see it as that any longer. And when I could no longer call it coincidence I had to accept that something more was happening.

A short while later, I was at work (on a break) meditating on my Sun card. It was a dark cloudy day when we had had no sun at all in 5-6 days. None. I was looking hard at The Sun card image and meditating on it for 10 minutes.

The break was ending so I got ready to put it away. As I was looking down to put the card back in the box, the room all around me very visibly brightened. I looked up and the actual sun in the sky had come out at just that moment. After I had not seen it in almost a week and just after I had been meditating on The Sun, suddenly there it was. More than that, when I looked at the sky, the cloud formation was exactly identical to that in the card. The real sky was exactly mirroring the one in the card (or vice versa).

I was just in awe of that. The timing of it AND that honestly that when the sun did come out just at that moment, the sky was IDENTICAL to that in the card. That gave me a sense that there is something magical to Tarot. Not only DOES it work BUT ALSO it there is some kind of magical connection between the cards and the universe/the world around us.

I had not yet started to figure out what I thought there was. But that ignited the sense of awe I have with Tarot and the magical feel it always gives me.

So after all that, the message for me in the Sun card was only mildly how it answered the question. But the REAL message (that is firmly embedded in me to this day) is that Tarot DOES work, and it connects us to the world in some truly magical beautiful amazing ways.

That was the real message that the card had to give me. And The Sun card followed me till I understood it. Then, as soon as I understood, it stopped coming up. It just stopped as mysteriously as it had started. As repeating cards do. They keep coming until you get the message they are trying to give. Then stop.

And that is why I am SunChariot. :heart: :grin: And honestly why I am still a reader to this day.

(Chariot is only because it was the sign associated with my zodiac sign--Cancer)

And btw, I don't tend to read cards in combos for the most part. I read them one at a time with the meanings and story progressively growing at each is added in . Unless in the case of jumpers where 2 cards (jump) out of the deck at the same time. THEN I read them together. But even then I don't have set meanings to what they mean. It's individual to each reading.

Babs