Ace of swords, a harsh card?

Sunnrise83

Maybe the timing plays a part too??

Hi all, new to these threads so still trying to figure things out, for example... no idea how to quote someone haha, but; I also agree with Grizabella that it is something air related and to do with thoughts. I wanted to add that perhaps the Ace of swords is saying that you will receive information about a potential career path..maybe it's completely unrelated to what you've been pursuing... and that this information you receive plants an idea about where you should be looking or your next move in the search, or; even about something you once considered but dismissed. I don't think that the Ace of Swords is harsh so much as it's direct, doesn't tend to beat around the bush with the message. I also like to look at timing in the suits and tend to view swords as weeks. it's kind of strange but I look at the suits like:

Wands are fast like a javelin so things happen quick
Cups accumulate so things happen in a cycle like months, little drips at a time until the cups are full/ all the information is in
Swords are long but direct and makes me thing the length of a week
Pentacles are round and slow so i tend to think cyclical like a year.

Of course, Swords can also represent spring( i think because it's cold like a blade but fairly quick because suddenly there is life everywhere whereas wands to me is more summer and fruitful) so...and this may be a stretch and is just my interpretation of it, that; this seed of an idea that you will get about your career path may come to you the first week of spring.

Hope this helps:)