Getting serious about the Tarot this year

FinoAllaFine

My favorite one is Candid. 100% anon and no limit to post size. It's also a fun place to sew dragon's teeth. I know, probably not the best for my karma but I just can't help myself muahaha.

Could you please direct me to that, I'm interested too! Is it an app or a forum or site?

FinoAllaFine

May I join!

I've only started doing tarot since the beginning of the year again
But I have been dipping in and out for 3 years x

Please do join! We are 19 days in, how has your tarot study been going so far?

FinoAllaFine

Good luck! I've also decided to really dig into Tarot this year. To be fair, I've been reading and playing with the cards for 3 years now, but I've only recently gotten serious about getting serious, so to speak. ;)

Serious about getting serious, eh? :p

Tell me which path or plan you have in mind.

FinoAllaFine

Good luck in your quest! When I started there was a choice between the Thoth and the original RWS (the Marseille decks weren't well-distributed); the Thoth was the first one I encountered and, as Robert Frost famously said, "that has made all the difference."

Thank you for the luck!

A question for you about different decks - did you find it hard at first to read the second deck, and not carry on expectations or meanings which were more related to the first?

EmpyreanKnight

Great stuff! Which books are you reading now?

Currently re-reading Rachel Pollack's Seventy-Eight Degrees of Wisdom along with its meatier, more erudite sibling, Tarot Wisdom. They may not be to everyone's taste, but when they do appeal to you they're veritable treasure troves.

I wish you the best in your studies!

FinoAllaFine

Currently re-reading Rachel Pollack's Seventy-Eight Degrees of Wisdom along with its meatier, more erudite sibling, Tarot Wisdom. They may not be to everyone's taste, but when they do appeal to you they're veritable treasure troves.

I wish you the best in your studies!

Thanks! 78 Degrees of Wisdom is actually up next on my list, after I finish Eckhart Tolle's The Power of Now.