druidcraft

Luna's Crone

I really like the big book for this deck as I think it helps to illuminate the art/symbolism of the deck. I wanted a copy on my Kindle Fire, I will check the app out.

Freddie

my app, unless they changed it, doesn't have much in the way of info on it.

Luna's Crone

Ah why didn't I think of this! I have the app, didn't realise it was the full text. Thanks :)

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

mine has the full text now. 241 pages. it didn't before.

Barleywine

these are just books. they apparently don't come with the deck.

The purchase I made from the first link back in October was the deck and the 192-page book.

Luna's Crone

https://www.amazon.com/Druidcraft-Ta...rds=druidcraft

^ This is the full set with deck and big book, even if it is not clear in the description (ISBN 978-0312315023) @ $24.28. I just received my set purchased from this exact listing.

the url is out of date. i guess it changes, but you can find it by the isbn. does you deck have misprinting on it or looks dirty or greasy? just curious cuz someone had bought it and it had actual grease on some of the cards. it was in the reviews.

Luna's Crone

do any of yinz have the both this deck and the wild wood? are they similar at all, or which is the best deck in your opinion?

Elkins

I have both and like both. Although they're illustrated by the same artist and both focus on the pre-Christian lore of the British Isles, they're nonetheless two very different decks. They're not structured quite the same way, and even the art style differs. The Wildwood is an attempt at remaking the out-of-print Greenwood Tarot, and it shares that deck's idiosyncrasies, which include a few outright changes to the Major Arcana and some unique interpretations of the minors. The Druidcraft hews far closer to the RWS system.

There's a side-by-side comparison up on Youtube that might help you to decide which is more to your taste here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TKmWSbpWU0

RavenLuna

do any of yinz have the both this deck and the wild wood? are they similar at all, or which is the best deck in your opinion?

I have both, love both and if I could only own two decks, it would be those two.

Druidcraft is closer to RWS but with Princesses instead of Pages, Cernunnos instead of the Devil etc.. The colours are richer, the book is outstanding. It's a mix of Druid and Wiccan beliefs, but it's so easy to read with that shouldn't matter for people of other faiths or none. It has artwork that looks like the Iron Age. Contains some male and female nudity.

Wildwood strays from RWS with animal courts. The artwork depicts an earlier time - proto-druids/ pre-celtic shamanism. The book is also good, but is more nature/environmentally focused, rather than Druidry/Wiccan/tarot. No nudity apart from the Cerne Giant, who is a chalk drawing on a Dorset hillside.

Arnie

the url is out of date. i guess it changes, but you can find it by the isbn. does you deck have misprinting on it or looks dirty or greasy? just curious cuz someone had bought it and it had actual grease on some of the cards. it was in the reviews.

@ Luna's Crone --

I have no complaints with my copy and haven't noticed any grease or misprinting. It was sealed in plastic when I received it. I also have the Wildwood and prefer the Wildwood art over Druidcraft. Understand though - Wildwood is based on a different system (Wheel of the year) vs. RWS-style "Fool's Journey" tarot, and has a different naming scheme for the cards as well. The Druidcraft can probably be used by someone familiar with RWS but Wildwood would take some additional study to get the full benefit of the deck.