Restoring the Tarot de Paris (17th century) ?

thinbuddha

Yeah, it would take some time.....

I'm guessing that it would be about a year before any decks were done. That's roughly how long the Payen took- maybe I could do it faster using some of the techniques I developed with the Payen... Or maybe I'd get mired in details and it would take longer!

I've got another tarot project that I'm also considering. I'll have to figure out what I want to invest so much time in before embarking on such a long project.

SolSionnach

thinbuddha said:
Yeah, it would take some time.....

I'm guessing that it would be about a year before any decks were done. That's roughly how long the Payen took- maybe I could do it faster using some of the techniques I developed with the Payen... Or maybe I'd get mired in details and it would take longer!

I've got another tarot project that I'm also considering. I'll have to figure out what I want to invest so much time in before embarking on such a long project.
... can the blacks be black?...

:bugeyed:

SolSionnach

Le Fanu said:
SolSionnach.. don't you have a link to a website with good scans of the cards?
As I said, talk to Gregory!

No, I don't know of any website with scans.... :*

Abrac

Trionfi has scans of 16 of the original majors. The other 6 are from the reprint.

Le Fanu

SolSionnach said:
No, I don't know of any website with scans.... :*

See my above post, no.9...

Abrac

Nice scans Le Fanu, thanks! :)

flying black kat

thinbuddha

I would also like at least 2 copies this time.

My copy of the Jean Payen has led to my re-discovering of the Marseilles, the antiques, hand made decks, etc.

Enjoy whatever you decide to do.

Kathy

Abrac

At Trionfi, six of the scans are from a cleaned up version that doesn't have the BN logo at the bottom. Anyone happen to know where they come from? Here's a picture for comparison. The one on the left is the 1985 reproduction and on the right is the other one.

Paris Tarot Comparison

thorhammer

I would, of course, be in line for this. I adore your Payen so very much. How did you go exploring copyright options?

Any way that the TdP, if it ever happened, could be on thicker stock?

\m/ Kat

Bernice

I'd be happy if the TdP could just be. Preferably by thinbuddha.

Bee :)