Protecting yourself whilst reading tarot

Biba28

Hi there,

I went to a very good psychic recently, who advised that when I read tarot, I need to "protect" myself against negative energy/spirits. She said that just as there are positive spirits/energies who can offer great advice through tarot and give you such things as confidence and spiritual gifts, there are also negative spirits who can do you psychological harm.

Can anyone tell me how I protect myself? I'm reluctant to do any readings until I know, just incase, and I rely on the tarot greatly.

Thanks, B.

Promise

When reading Tarot solely, I don't feel there's anything to protect myself from. When doing spirit work, then yes, I feel a need to protect myself, but when reading, why should I protect myself from myself? The only thing I'm connecting with when I read is my intuition and my guides, neither of which I fear.

Just my thoughts.

I simply ground myself and go from there.

There are literally tons of protection rituals out there that you could use in theory, I suppose it would just depend on personal preference and how much time you'd be willing to put into it.

Annabelle

I don't believe in random "spirits" and negative energy floating around, nor do I believe that I'm attracting anything bad when reading tarot.

So -- nope, there are no protective rituals that I do.

I have a friend who spends quite a lot of time setting up little decorative candles and envisioning "white light" and so on before reading tarot. It seems to make her happy. But for me it seems extraneous.

Deana

I protect myself by firmly refusing to believe there is any such thing. The best protection around.

gregory

Deana said:
I protect myself by firmly refusing to believe there is any such thing. The best protection around.
I don't even take the trouble to firmly believe; I just read the cards. I have never felt a hint of anything I needed to protect myself from.

Lillie

Biba28 said:
Hi there,

I went to a very good psychic recently, who advised that when I read tarot, I need to "protect" myself against negative energy/spirits. She said that just as there are positive spirits/energies who can offer great advice through tarot and give you such things as confidence and spiritual gifts, there are also negative spirits who can do you psychological harm.

Can anyone tell me how I protect myself? I'm reluctant to do any readings until I know, just incase, and I rely on the tarot greatly.

Thanks, B.

Yes, it is vital that you protect yourself.
There are all sorts of spirits that are called when the cards are dealt. Readers ought to recognise that they are dealing with very dangerous artefacts every time they touch a deck of cards.

Also someone who has been doing readings without protection ought to look closely at their lives to see where things have gone wrong and where the bad spirits might be drawing on their life force and poisoning their joy.

Proper protection rituals are very difficult and to do them successfully you need to buy lots of hard to get herbs and items and then you need to be able to use them properly.

uncut diamonds and black peppercorns are quite often compulsory in these situations.

Good luck.

Promise

Lillie said:
Yes, it is vital that you protect yourself.
There are all sorts of spirits that are called when the cards are dealt. Readers ought to recognise that they are dealing with very dangerous artefacts every time they touch a deck of cards.

Also someone who has been doing readings without protection ought to look closely at their lives to see where things have gone wrong and where the bad spirits might be drawing on their life force and poisoning their joy.

Proper protection rituals are very difficult and to do them successfully you need to buy lots of hard to get herbs and items and then you need to be able to use them properly.

uncut diamonds and black peppercorns are quite often compulsory in these situations.

Good luck.

Of course, for a small fee of $5,000, I can properly train you on how to properly protect yourself. ;)

But really, so a "very good" psychic told you you need to protect yourself when reading. We won't go into all the reasons I'd consider them a not-so-good psychic just after hearing that, but the bottom line is that you have to do whatever works for you. If you feel that you need a protection ritual, then by all means do what makes you feel best. But if you're concerned because someone you hold in high regard told you that you need it, don't be; plenty of us have been handling cards for years without any sort of protection and we're just fine.

Well, mostly just fine.

Lillie

You get the cash, I get the diamonds.

Deal?

Lillie

Promise said:
plenty of us have been handling cards for years without any sort of protection and we're just fine.

Well, mostly just fine.

Quite clearly I'm not.

I got took over by demons some time ago.

They make me do bad things.