Mystical Lenormand queries and discussions

214red

I have Lenormand decks but the mystical is my favourite, anything that can have a black lady card, and a black baby in a cup in the stork card gets my vote…lol I love the symbolism and the small details, like the bat flying at the man in the whip.

I am opening this thread to discuss the Mystical Lenormand cards, any questions or queries about these specific cards. I have done a search and I didn’t see a similar thread.

214red

I will kick off the discussion, I have so many questions I don’t know where to begin
-Why is the bat flying at the man In No.11 The Whip?
-What is the man in card No.28 carrying?
-Can anyone else link to crystal ball at the feet of the dog in card No.18 to clairvoyance, being able to see the future?The dog does look kind of knowingly at you. Also he has a roaring fire behind him, so he is homely, but can you also see this as hiding a passionate, firey quality?

lord_ewin

Given I don't have the deck, might be nice to have pictures... you might gain converts. :D

The bat might be reflective of fear, but obviously there's nothing to worry about. It reminds me of the nightmare card in the Tarot.

214red

Thanks for the heads up LE will try and organise pictures.

When i saw the bat i thought that the man was too busy beating himself up literally, to notice that his transformation was about to happen, the opportunity was there with the bat showing him the how to navigate the darkness

Azure_Skye

I have Mystical Lenormand and I have never really looked deeply at the scenery in the cards. Will definitely do that and participate in this thread!

Ronia

I don't have the deck, I generally don't think Lenormand works well with crowded pictures, i.e. to me the Lenormand forces the intuition via the lack of details and that's why my favorites are French cartomancy and Lenormand Oracle where you see the most basic, naked image.

Otherwise, as with Tarot, interpretations are endless. Bat - I agree with LE about the fear which is irrational as bats are just animals after all. Yet, they are also symbolic of vampirism, i.e. something that sucks our life/blood out of us - a problem, a fight, a misunderstanding, a relationship, etc. Going on, bats are darkness - this is the lack of conclusion, no light yet at the end of the tunnel. Transformation as well, but also upside down - the way they sleep, the way they live. And we can go on forever. :D

Tha man is carrying mangusta, I believe. It's symbolic of cleverness, survival, yet it's a gentle, soft hearted animal.

The Dog card means a trustworthy situation/person, so it may very well be someone who is clear as crystal or someone/something that has been seen through, we know the core, there is nothing hidden there. It's also the power to do so - to find the right, trustworthy situations/people or the gift from above to be surrounded by such.

214red

I think for me i have decided not to use the deck as a lenormand deck strictly, but using the symbolism more, because it works for me.

Bats are many things good and bad, i have a bat spirit guide so i tend to look more at the transformation side of their nature, the fact they can navigate in the dark, also the man has his eyes closed so he cant see the bat, he chance for transformation. If he had his eyes open and looked at the bat i could see the more negative meanings.

@Ronia- it could mean crystal clear but why not foresight? what about the fire behind him, do you only read the card on face value or go deeper with it?

Pictures of cards attached

Attachments

• man.jpg
    man.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 127
  • whip .jpg
    whip .jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 153

Ronia

Well, I don't read with this deck at all. :D To me the Dog is a cozy (hearth) situation because it's trustworthy, it's known, no hidden strings attached. :)

214red

7-Snake

I cant see anything horrible about this card, it has come up for a slippery character before, but usually its come up positively.

In this card the snake looks like he is guarding something, the egg its holding is golden, and looks like the egg from KEY card, but intact and unbroken. The snake is alone on an island that is only big for it, and looks quite beautiful and regal with a crown on its head.
I think this card is looking more at snakes like the HP in tarot, its a guardian or secrets, it holds the secret in the egg, the key is there. It guards the egg, in the middle of the ocean. It relates to scorpio also, scorpio is often about hidden things, things that are below the surface, and also about other peoples things.
I can see that it could relate to a spiritual woman, and even a teacher, like the HP i can see that they hold secret knowledge and they guard it.