Mirroring //

214red

I thought i would open a thread for a discussion of mirroring, or as LE likes to say //!

this is fairly new to me, but i have found it works very well in the GTs and spreads i have used so far. I even went as far as to mirror a whole GT and the results where very interesting.

I tend to look for conflicts, i find this especially helpful in 7+ card spreads as sometimes you have a spread and all the cards look good untl the last two...then this is really good for that. Als

How do you work mirroring?

have you got some good examples that have worked that you can post and explain?

What dont you liek about mirroring?

alyna

Honestly I have realized that the lesser the number of cards, easier to read , it may be because I'm new and not a pro yet. However, I have found it tougher because I mix the combos. e.g

1-2-3-4-5

Now when I'm doing 1-5 and 2-4, its all going well, when I reach the other end and try to do 4-2 and 5-1, I go O_0

That is why I do read 1-5 and 2-4, but have avoided 4-2 and 5-1. I don't know but just not my thing.

P.S never done that in GT

214red

Honestly I have realized that the lesser the number of cards, easier to read , it may be because I'm new and not a pro yet. However, I have found it tougher because I mix the combos. e.g

1-2-3-4-5

Now when I'm doing 1-5 and 2-4, its all going well, when I reach the other end and try to do 4-2 and 5-1, I go O_0

That is why I do read 1-5 and 2-4, but have avoided 4-2 and 5-1. I don't know but just not my thing.

P.S never done that in GT

I do find i use more cards for lenormand, i always tend to use an odd number , daily i use one because i like to my GT, if not i tend to use 5 as a default. i like the odd number because it gives me a central card, often that becomes a gate card or the central theme, and then i look at the 1st and 5th card, and then mirror the rest and see what happens.

i pulled my daily card for my GT today, and then i pulled one for a specific issue, and when i looked at my GT they mirrored each other and also i found out more information about them

Ronia

I use it in the line spreads - 5, 7, 9. That's how I was taught to do it, to look first at the line as a story and then look at all the pairs from both ends, called "mirroring". To me the essence is the line, and the focal point is the middle card, the mirroring throws additional light, adds details. But I don't use it in big spreads as I have other methods there. :)

andybc

I have used it with linear spreads for a while. I like odd numbers 3, 5, 7, 9 and 13 anyway. Mirroring adds a little more depth. I personally do it 1-2, 1-9 etc and find the flow is easier. When I did the row first and mirroring second it did feel like an add on.

With the GT I do use reflection i.e. 2 with 7, 26 and 31. That's similar but also different as it doesn't give an exact combination.

lord_ewin

I tend to use mirroring in short spreads, and usually forget to use it with GTs because the GT already has a lot of information (for example the houses), but will do so on occasion. What I find mirroring useful for in GTs is in helping define someone in the spread. So for example, if the man mirrors the lily (man // lily), well... I can probably confirm that the gentleman is older, etc.

Also, you can litterally go nuts trying to mirror everything in a GT! ;) However, in strings (1 - 5 spreads), I feel like the mirroring completes the wave... Like, as you read 1-2, 2,-3, 3-4, 4-5... It feels like a wave coming in from the ocean and hitting the shore.

The mirroring (1-5; 2-4; then 3 by itself) is like the wave receding back into the ocean after it hit the shore... It feels more complete for some reason.

214red

I tend to use mirroring in short spreads, and usually forget to use it with GTs because the GT already has a lot of information (for example the houses), but will do so on occasion. What I find mirroring useful for in GTs is in helping define someone in the spread. So for example, if the man mirrors the lily (man // lily), well... I can probably confirm that the gentleman is older, etc.

Also, you can litterally go nuts trying to mirror everything in a GT! ;) However, in strings (1 - 5 spreads), I feel like the mirrorin completes the wave... Like as you read 1-2, 2,-3, 3-4, 4-5... It feels like a wave coming in from the ocean and hitting the shore.

The mirroring is like the wave receding back into the ocean after it hit the shore... It feels more complete for some reason.

you know LE i had to try it out, thats what i do for a living, i break things down and rebuild them in a more efficient way, so i wanted to know if i could apply this to everything....however i wouldnt normally mirror a whole GT!

I do start mirroring in my winter solstice GT because sometimes you pull the same card over and over, so the mirroring gives you a bit extra to understand the difference from last time (i mirror the clarifying /base card)

lord_ewin

Actually, I find your methods very interesting Red! I really do like that you go All Mad Scientist on the spreads and look at them differently... And you brings some new angles to everything. I honestly can't praise you enough for it.! :D

alyna

That was a wonderful idea Red, taking one card out and linking it to GT. Will definitely try.