Tarot of the III Millennium

blashamma

Okay, I've never done this, but this is a calling all III Millennium people for a study group! Everyone who'd like to join in, just post a reply here, and if you've either started or participated in a study group before, feel free to give me some pointers or suggestions on what to do. With the added "puzzle" in this deck, I think we can have alot of fun!

April

Count me in!

Hi blashamma!
I'm in. I did my first reading with it the other night using the "Two-headed Snake" spread in the LWB. This is gonna be a tough one, but I'm up for it.

How to proceed, though? Is it silly to go card by card with this deck seeing as how they're so interconnected? I'll mull on it today and let you know if I come up with any good ideas.

Peace,
April

FantasyWorld

I'd love to join;)
I won't be able to spend a whole lot of time though due to other things but I'd like to learn about this deck and see what I can contribute to this study as well:D

blashamma

wow! I'm glad y'all want to join in! I'm not really sure how long I should wait for people before we start, so you'll just have to let me know. And don't worry FantasyWorld, because after this week, I wont be able to get online more than on the weekends, so we wont go too fast unless someone wants to take over. I mean, I guess I'm the leader here since I started it. And what a pitiful leader I am with self doubt and all! Okay, but that's a different type of forum, eh? Let's talk about tarot here.
I was wondering if there were any ways to like advertise our new study group around here so that we can get more people to join. Any suggestions?
And as for how we're going to study this deck, I thought we could just start out by doing it normally- one card at a time- and then just see what happens from there. The Major arcana would be able to be done like any other deck, it's when we get to the minors that it'll get strange. It could be interesting though if we did it first traditionally, then went over them again connecting the cards together.

April

I'll help out with starting threads and indexing if you need it. Always feel free to PM me.

I think now's as good a time as any to start. People can join us later if they'd like. I normally start with the minors with a new deck but I think starting with the majors would be a better idea with this one. The majors won't be such a shock to my system. :D Is one card a week to slow or to fast?

Peace,
April

blashamma

Okay, I'll start us off with a new thread then. Isn't that how you're suposed to do it? Well okay then. Well, we'll see how much time people need for each card. But if we do one card a week, it'd be a 78 week study at the minimum! My goodness. Can you tell I have no patience? But learning things well takes time. Okay, prepare yourself! The Study Group is about to begin!!!!!!!!!!!

Rosanne

Trying to start up again...with jumper leads

Wow blashamma (who has a mother with a great name!) it is 2007 now, so some may have really good insights into this deck!
Who still uses it? - maybe a good starting point.
Then if you do- Why?
How about discussing your favourite card from each of the sections-Major/Minor/Court?
Or discussing the poetic emblems attached to the Majors?
A sequential study does not seem to work- so I am in for any angle of study ie The style, the lack of colour, the electric diagrams on the cards...... anything.
For me it is the most different approach deck I have- it links the old with the new in a way that an oracle like LeNormand cards does.(early historical card insert)
The one word meanings for the cards are interesting and I am not sure what system they are derived from.... lots of interesting things to chat about.~Rosanne

blashamma

Those are some good ideas for a study group. Yes, now that I think about it, a traditional card by card view of this deck isn't going to work because it is so untraditional (and yet so traditional at the same time). Well, I'm not familiar with the rules os the forums as I'd been away from this place for a couple of years until mrpants PMed me, so I'm not sure if we'd start a new one or continue with the old one. I'd like to start with a new one with some of your ideas. I'm all about starting anew with things, and having a new gourp will bring new attention to it I think. Well, I probably wont be the one to start a new thing since I'm adding a whole bunch of responsibilities to my plate with other things, but I'll definately join in. Why don't you make a study group? just PM me if you do so I know to join it. This is an amazing deck, and it can be used so differently than others can be, so it'd be nice to know the feelings of others.

morticia monroe

I'm here,, just letting you know that I have this deck, but haven't had any time yet to spend with it other than admiring the cards. But I can tell that this one is going to take a bit of study and time in order to glean all that I can from it. So I'll be here.....

Rosanne

Well this thread is in the Study Group forum- so waste not, want not, as they say.
So lets say we just talk about the deck here, in any order of card- just what takes your fancy. First off- If you do not have the deck you can see images here under cards and at Tarot Garden- just type in Millennium. You will find it was published first as a 22 Majors only- then the full 78 Card deck.
The Artist: Bulgarian artist Iassen Ghiuselev who has illustrated some wonderful Tarots(Leonard Da Vinchi) and literature. Pinocchio (illustrator of the year award 1994,1997.) and the stories of the Brothers Grimm, some wonderful prints are available for Alice in Wonderland. For some samples just google his name. He works from Sofia in Bulgaria, but has worked in Italy (he would be about 44 years old) He is mainly a children's book illustrator.
He seems to have taken this Tarot as illustrating the Age of Aquarius- and he seems to think this is a particularly materialistic age- hence I guess the bar codes on the Minors.
One card of the Majors is somewhat different from the usual (there are others), is The Sun XVIIII. His emblem for this is I traced the perfect circle with my finger because it was already in me The Truth.
The card has two glyphs one is the sign for Gemini (very usual) and the other is the Hebrew letter Q or Qof. The sometimes this means monkey and sometimes means the back of the head. It is also somewhat the astrological sign for the Sun- a circle with a central dot. I have been able to find one occultist who said the Sun symbolised Truth. That was a student of Levi called Paul Christian (actual name Jean-Baptiste Pitois) who wrote the History of Magic in 1870. He was into the Astrology and the 36 decans. So I am guessing because I have not set it down yet- but the Minors, minus the Courts and Aces (36 cards) are meanings derived from the 36 Decans .
Well I look forward to others posting their thoughts here in this thread- any thoughts, any questions in any order- it does not matter. This thread does not have to have a particular order. ~Rosanne