What led you to tarot cards?

OrbWeaver

When I was...hmm...13, I suppose? I saw a show on the Sci-Fi channel, where the person interviewed was a tarot reader. She used, I think it was the Aquarian Tarot. I don't know if she was the real deal or not, all I know is at the time I thought "THAT is what I want! I want tarot cards, and I want to read them!" I got my first deck for Christmas not long thereafter. It was the universal Rider-Waite deck. I couldn't read from it.

In fact, I wasn't able to read tarot cards at all until I was 18 or 19, when something just sort of clicked into place once I started reading for a friend who was INSISTENT that I try. After the reading she looked at me and said "I thought you said you couldn't read!" Since then I've come into my own a bit more, and gotten more attuned to selecting decks that "call" to me. Though I still don't have the confidence to try reading for money, despite constant insistence that I'm good at reading. :\

vhrsn

What led me to tarot

Well, at age 15 I started to learn the tarot and read the playing cards. Then it was a big challenging for me and tried the rider-waite. It wasn't until I pulled the death card twice that I know it was going to be a literal one. Then I started to try to read for friends and my readings didn't seem to click! Then I went out to a store and got a couple of decks. I'm blind so had to help with brailling the cards. Then my grandma passed on and that threw mylife into depression. I knew I needed something so I tried to take it up again.

Tehn I went to a tarot reader in england, actually she read cards two years later over the phone. She negreted to tell me the deck she was using, but her name was Shirly Davey. I couldn't recall all she said otehr than that I'd be very successful!
Well, then I received the rider-waite tarot and have the voyager tarot. Then this past Christmas I have the robinwood. Well, the ones that really connect with me are Voyager tarot and robinwood tarot.

Seafra

I always say clarity. I was in need of clarity. In retrospect I realize I put that need out to the universe and it answered with my strong desire to use Tarot cards.

Blessings - Seafra