Readers and Collectors of Tarot and Oracles

Tarot Oracle Reading Collecting Poll

• Total voters

gregory

trismegistus said:
50 - I understand 50 very well. if you really want to scare and impress people you tell them your half a century old. you should see the faces on the kids when you tell them that })
HALF A CENTURY ? That's nothing. I got to tell my daughter she had hit her quarter of a century a while ago (she was not pleased - and is quite a bit older now ! and her sister is 40 !) And it won't be too long till I have been MARRIED for half a century. (well, OK - 8 years from now, but still...)

gregory

BTW I think I have just invented a new way to read (I was tidying up. Well I was TRYING to....)

Take 78 decks, and...................... })

Cocobird55

A reader and a collector. Lately I've been focusing on one deck at a time, for a period of months, to really get to know it well. I've done this with a few of the decks in my collection, and plan to do it with more of them.

greycats

If by "regularly" you mean returning the deck to use fairly often, then I'd say about 12%. I've read with every deck I own at least once. I study decks intently one at a time. I have decks that I use for specific purposes and at specific times. Other than for occasion or study, I move around a lot among my decks. ;)

uwe

I would consider myself a serious reader and collector, though these days i am rather selective as to what deck i'd like to add to my collection. I am not after the very latest or the prettiest deck 'out there'. I'd like to extend my TdM collection. That would be nice.

I am a serious reader though...for clients, friends and family and of course myself.

Stacie Doll

I read & study with all of my decks. That is my only intent when buying them.

Aulruna

I've always liked to compare Tarot decks for their symbolism and therefor never had just one deck. I started studying symbolism and esoteric belief systems (for lack of a better term) a while before I started to actually read with the decks I had.
And only during the past few years, mainly due to the easy availibilty of things via the internet, I have begun to buy decks I knew right away I'd probably never read with. With 800+ decks, I can't pretend not to be a collector. But I'd rather give away my collection than stop reading Tarot, so that's where my priorities lie.

coredil

I am a Tarot enthusiast,
a Tarot collector
and a Tarot-reader-not-reader :)

BTW, I do feel that looking at a Tarot deck for what ever reason is Tarot reading.

Papageno

coredil said:
I am a Tarot enthusiast,
a Tarot collector
and a Tarot-reader-not-reader :)

BTW, I do feel that looking at a Tarot deck for what ever reason is Tarot reading.

hmmmm, LittleBuddha said the same thing recently. like subconscious scanning

annik

First, I am considering myself as a collector. Being a reader comes second. I am not terribly good at reading but I am working on that as my collection seems pretty much complete right now. There isn't much new decks in the themes that are in the core of my collection.