All Shall Be Well: a spread for Comfort

astronautica

What a beautiful spread, and such a beautiful sentiment behind it. I was feeling pretty down a while back and tried to make my own "positive affirmation"-type spread as a bit of a pick-me-up (aware of how cheesy it was), but your spread achieves a balance between being both comforting and constructive. I'm looking forward to trying it out next time I'm in need of comfort :)

Celtictarot

I will give this spread a go tonight and thank you for sharing with us.

Chiriku

Going to give the spread a go this weekend!
A lot of people use the tarot for comfort still, I know I do! We all sometimes want assurances things will be okay :)

I love 'All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.' I use it as a mantra, sometimes. It is like a spiral spinning inward. I do believe that all shall be well--'all' is so very big, far beyond any mundane problem. To me, this mantra ultimately means the same thing as 'Gate gate paragate, parasamgate, bodhisvaha.'

Thank you for reminding me of this beautiful mantra. I may have to try my own variation of your spread.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Beautifully designed, and at the same time brief. Congratulations, Chiriku. Blessings,

Zelmira

What a beautiful spread, and such a beautiful sentiment behind it. I was feeling pretty down a while back and tried to make my own "positive affirmation"-type spread as a bit of a pick-me-up (aware of how cheesy it was), but your spread achieves a balance between being both comforting and constructive. I'm looking forward to trying it out next time I'm in need of comfort :)

I will give this spread a go tonight and thank you for sharing with us.

Thank you for your support of my spread, friends.

Up until tonight I had not yet felt the need to do a reading with this spread, but I designed the spread with precisely these sorts of times in mind: the late nights when we can't fall asleep due to some anxiety hanging over us like a dark cloud. It is of course much easier for the cloud to assail us "after hours."

I will be posting the reading in my One Deck Wonder thread, as I was using my One Deck Wonder deck (Matthews' Arthurian).

I received two Majors and a Court card-- all reversed but then, I don't usually use reversals with the deck I was using tonight. That, and I usually discount reversals anyway if all the cards in a reading are reversed. Still, it is hard not to be tempted to read them as reversed when the first two are The Devil and The Tower!

a*weaver

Dear Chiriku,

Thank you not just for the spread but for all the enlightening background information.

I'm familiar with & use the phrase, "All is well,' but didn't know it's history. And it is a lovely one.

And yes, yes to the 'happy medium' readings. There is a whole range that exists between the two extremes of sugar-coating & coal-raking.

ctrymaus

Thank you so much for this spread! I do go to certain of my oracle decks when I need comfort, and this spread will be wonderful!

CountryMouse

momentarylight

It is a very beautiful spread and its simplicity adds to its usefulness.

I have a few similar spreads made from the sayings of well known mystic poets.

Using tarot this way is the main way I've used the cards for some years now. I will add your spread to my favourites.

Thank you :)

ctrymaus

It is a very beautiful spread and its simplicity adds to its usefulness.

I have a few similar spreads made from the sayings of well known mystic poets.

Using tarot this way is the main way I've used the cards for some years now. I will add your spread to my favourites.

Thank you :)

Would you consider starting a new thread about the other spreads you have like this? Or posting somewhere? I would definitely be interested.

Thanks!

CountryMouse

vee

Lovely spread, thank you. I tried it out and it was very comforting indeed.

Chiriku

Would you consider starting a new thread about the other spreads you have like this? Or posting somewhere? I would definitely be interested.

I also encourage momentarylight to post their spreads.

And in case you are interested, I have had some encouragement to post more of my spiritual-based spreads I've created over the years. Most are based in the scriptures, doctrines or saints/mystics of Christianity but I do have a few for other spiritual paths such as Sufi Islam.

I have to post them gradually, as they are all handwritten in a notebook that I don't carry about with me and I require a block of time to sit and type up each one.

I will add your spread to my favourites.

Thank you not just for the spread but for all the enlightening background information.

Thank you so much for this spread!

Lovely spread, thank you. I tried it out and it was very comforting indeed.

You're all very welcome and thank you for offering your feedback here. I'm really pleased that the spread has helped a lot of you during times of distress.

But I must admit: when I tried this spread, I got three less-than-comforting cards including The Devil and The Tower and, although I am usually a crackerjack construer of stereotypically negative cards as bringing something good to the table, it was tough for me to see them in a comforting light in this reading. Perhaps it's because this spread is designed for times when we are unsettled and the unsettled soul naturally sees its own situation in a glum light. The reading bears revisiting when I'm in a more optimistic frame of mind.

SwampLady

Just reading the thought and history behind the spread was comforting! Thank you for sharing it and taking the time to come up with it. I will be trying it soon!