2015 SAMHAIN LENORMAND HAS ARRIVED!

greatdane

I got my Samhain Lenormand 2015 in the mail yesterday.

Seven Stars posted pix of it in Adverts under her My New Samhain Lenormand thread.

It didn't disappoint!

First, the DECK:

While her previous Samhain Lenormand was dark, literally, this one has more of a muted sulfuric presence. The color palette is very subdued with a lot of olive, brown, dark yellow, which makes even the muted reds and pinks pop more for me. It has a great vintage feel because of the tones.

There are quite a few changes besides the color tones. Some subtle changes, some totally different cards, but all with a great VINTAGE vibe.

Some of my favorite new cards or images are:

The SUN (WHAT a GREAT SUN CARD!), the MOON, the CHILD (there are two Child cards, so you can choose one or decide to incorporate them both in your readings) are among many new cards I love.

The COFFIN has a faint ghostly presence standing next to it.

The SCYTHE is held by what looks like the Grim Reaper.

The SHIP is flying a pirate flag.

The ANCHOR has a skull and cross bones at the bottom of the card.

There are many other subtle, but important (to me), changes that add to the moodiness. Thinly-veiled spider webs, bats flying.

The card stock is the great linen I love and shuffles like a dream.

The mini surprised me at the great detail which can sometimes be lost in a mini, but not in this deck. Even these old eyes can read with it and it comes in it's own little white tuck box with a cellophane window.

The EXTRA cards are great vintage pix with verses and I love them so much, I'm thinking of adding them under the glass top of a small table I have I can do readings on top of.

I will add some more thoughts about the rest of the package (the MAT and COMPACT) in just a bit.

MoonGypsy

Thanks for the really great review, GD! :D i am really looking forward to mine!

If you got yours, i wonder if Seven received hers, then?
That means it won't be long before mine and the other discount code winners
packages will be ordered from the Printers and on the way! :thumbsup:

Although, i know Seven will be contacting us to firm up our choices. [Which backs, etc]

Which backs did you receive on yours, GD?

greatdane

THE MAT AND COMPACT

I hope you get yours soon, too, MG! I can't wait to discuss with you!

Now, about the MAT:

I really was impressed at the clear detail on the top and bottom borders. The images seem like something one would have seen in the 1900's, maybe the 20's or 30's.

The three "slots" in the middle for a three card spread have bats flying through, again, what seems a sulfuric mist. LOVE the misty quality.

I really enjoy the THICKNESS. It is much thicker than some other rubberized-bottom mats that can slip and slide (and do). This one doesn't move easily once you put it down. It feels...plush and extra thick.

To me, this is about as great as Vintage-looking Samhain mat can get and is a great addition to this package.

The COMPACT:

OK, wasn't sure quite WHAT to expect. I opened it's little white tuck box (it's great it comes in it's own box, so if you don't use or want a compact, you can gift it to someone who DOES love them) and pulled it out and it feel...heavy...substantial. Where some compacts don't even line up well, this one not only does, but has a kind of magnetic click to it. As you start to close it, it gently snaps shut.

It would look fabulous on a dressing table, or as I mentioned, make a very special gift for someone if you don't want or need a compact, but I will likely think of something special for it. It is truly a treasure.

The vintage image of the woman looking into a mirror to see her...soulmate?...of the future or past...standing next to her is just so poignant and lovely.

PattyMc

Thank you for a great review GD!! I am really excited to receive this collection/set, as I was one of the three discount winners!

Seven Stars does a wonderful job on her decks and it sounds like this one will be the same quality we are used to from her, maybe even better, as it sounds like the coloring of this one is superb! And some new cards too!

I was wondering about the quality of the mat and mirror, you answered all my questions....thick and plush, and a heaviness to the mirror, that sounds like A+ quality to me !

Now the hard part...waiting for this to arrive! :grin:

seven stars

ACKKKK This is driving me crazy that I haven't gotten MINE yet! HAHA!

I sincerely appreciate the review - I still don't want to publish the deck till I get mine & tweek it if necessary.

Since I've seen the quality of the cards & mat before, those are what I expect but I've never ordered the mirrors before so I was a little cautious that they might be "tinny" or cheapy quality or something so I'm Really glad to hear they're not.

HOPEFULLY I'll get mine by tomorrow.

MG asked which back you got so i'll post which back was on yours here:

Attachments

• greatdane's back.jpg
    greatdane's back.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 198

greatdane

Thanks Seven!

Yep, that's my back! And glorious it is!

You know I call em like I see em. The card stock, the mat, the compact, just all so lovely.

There were so many fav cards I have in this deck and the mini pleasantly surprised me as I have no mini decks because often I think the images are so hard to see and yet the details show up fine for me in this little gem.

Brava, Seven!

Disa

Thanks for the review. I'm so excited!

seven stars

If I get mine tomorrow I'll let you know & get the ball rolling on my end.

MoonGypsy

If I get mine tomorrow I'll let you know & get the ball rolling on my end.

Thanks seven! You will be contacting us also for our final decisions on the backs, etc. ?

Oh and thanks for posting the pic of greatdanes backs she received. :love:

Really looking forward to this...:)

seven stars

Thanks seven! You will be contacting us also for our final decisions on the backs, etc. ?

Oh and thanks for posting the pic of greatdanes backs she received. :love:

Really looking forward to this...:)

I'll message all three of you before I send out the order - you still have time to change your mind. In fact don't even tell me what you want now, I'll ask you before I order them. There's 3 for the Lenormand & 3 for the Tarot, so, after that, open to everybody.