Hanged Man, feelings for someone

BLFO

Does this mean that a person's feelings for you are suspended as in they can not make up their mind or they are putting their feelings on hold to concentrate on other areas in their life. Or does it mean that they are letting go as in to surrender to the experiences of feeling the way that they do about you. For example, perhaps they denied that they liked you and tried to fight the feeling, but they have begun to accept the fact that they do have feelings for you after all.

So is it suspended feelings or feelings of surrender?

SaintOfScreams

In my opinion of that case I'd say, both.

He suspended from showing his feelings at first, but now he is surrendering to the experience, I'd say.

Open Arms

Without the other cards/backstory it can be a bit hard to say but going by what you have said I would think along the line of surrendering to the change.
His outlook has changed - flipped even

Saint of screams put it very well...

willowfox

Perhaps their feelings are unconventional. Or they are not sure how they feel.

huredriel

It could also be that they feel you are hanging them out to dry ............ or that you make them feel as if the world has turned upside down :)

balenciaga

I think it means that the person has given up - sacrificed - their feelings for the greater good of the situation. Maybe they are involved with someone else or they think you are and it would be better for them to give up on hoping or doing anything about it because they feel nothing can be done without causing more problems. As if going forward with it would not be worth the trouble, so they give up.

mystic mal

I always see the Hanged man as the situation my relationship has taken.He has surrended all passion and feelings and taken a vow of celibacy on his religious quest to be "spiritually pure".

Thirteen

I agree with Saint. The person has sacrificed themselves to the experience, but at the moment, they are suspended--that is, they' are experiencing those feelings, but are unable to act on them.

It's an odd place to be. Like falling in love for the first time and just standing there staring, thinking "Oh...this is what it's all about!" The person is giving into their feelings--those being the whatever feelings they originally resisted or the opposite of what they originally thought they felt--but they're so overwhelmed and new to these feelings, so amazed by these feelings, that they can't expressing them. Until the "download" is complete (so to speak), they won't know how to express them.

BLFO

huredriel said:
It could also be that they feel you are hanging them out to dry ............ or that you make them feel as if the world has turned upside down :)

Is that like in a "you drive me nuts kind of way"? I am thinking when Richard Pryor gets with Gene Wilder in those old 70s/80s comedies.

huredriel

BLFO said:
Is that like in a "you drive me nuts kind of way"? I am thinking when Richard Pryor gets with Gene Wilder in those old 70s/80s comedies.
Possibly LOL :D ......... but it could be that they are not sure about you ....... but also that they are being left dangling ....... as in someone can't quite make their mind up? For me it's all dependent on the imagery, surrounding cards & what floats into my mind at the time of reading :)