Greater Arcana Study Group—The Moon

Abrac

From Waite's Shadows of Life and Thought, beginning of Ch. 21:

"I have sketched the chequered history of my Doctrine and Literature of the Kabbalah and its ultimate publication in 1902 under the auspices of the Theosophical Society. It seems to have sold steadily among those who were looking for a Secret Tradition without, as well as within, the supposed centre in Highlands beyond the Himalayas; but—as time went on—I fell more and more out of touch with the London Headquarters of that organisation which was ruled from Adyar. I heard little from dear old Olcott [Henry Steel Olcott]—now advanced in years—since I had declined to become the Librarian at Adyar, a position offered me on the understanding that I might and should maintain my very open mind on the root-problem of Theosophical claims, otherwise, the question of Masters, with all that followed therefrom in the matter of occult teaching. The proposal was characteristic of Olcott and his liberal nature in the best sense of these words. He seemed anxious that the Association should benefit from my critical acquaintance with occult literature in nearly all its branches, Astrology always excepted."​

Here Waite's acknowledges a lack of familiarity with astrological literature. He had a working knowledge of astrology as is evidenced by his writing, and he received astrological instruction in the GD. In the Fellowship of the Rosy Cross he changed most of the Hebrew letter correspondences which he felt were "all wrong," but doesn't bother with astrological correspondences, rectified or otherwise.

In the PKT he acknowledges his agreement with the GD's switching of Justice and Strength, presumably based on astrological instruction he received from them, so there does seem to be some influence, at least at the time. But it doesn't seem to have been a major or lasting influence; if so, one should expect to see it in his FRC material, which was intended to remain private. Rather than being strongly influenced by the GD, Waite pursued a path of promoting his own mystic philosophy when he became head of Isis-Urania.

ETA: He did use planetary correspondences for the Sephiroth but not for the Great Symbols of the Paths, i.e. the "Tarot" images used in the FRC.