8 of pentacles and Hierophant as relationship potential

tarot_quest

Hi guys!

There I am. There is this new guy in my life and I know that he has an interest in me, but I can't decide if I should date him or not... The reason is that he is a bit immature even if he seems to be a good person (nothing unmanageable I think, he is a bit younger than me).

So part of a larger spread, I asked what is our ''relationship potential'', and I got 8 of pentacles + Hierophant. I interpret it as working on details (perhaps endlessly?, to the point of exhaustion = 8 of pentacles) to get to a committed relationship (Hierophant).

I don't know. It might sound stupid but I don't want to start something that was ''off'' from the beginning. He is also doing nice things for me, but I don't know if he is serious or a player type (I really don't! Another girl where I work thinks he is).

What do you guys think? I also received the 8 of pentacles multiple times when asking about him. Thanks! :)

Sar

someone got lead by a very rigid leader (8/Pents+Hierophant).

Esk

Is he a colleague, or a student at the same university? It seems to me the potential is only about work and platonic.

JDusk

Hierophant has a lot of connotations of guidance or teaching, and since you say he is a bit immature, I suspect you would spend much of the relationship trying to guide him and get him to mature. 8 of Pentacles could suggest there's a lot of work involved in this. I would be cautious about this being more of a mentor-student relationship than a passionate romantic relationship.

tarot_quest

someone got lead by a very rigid leader (8/Pents+Hierophant).

Hi Sar :)

Thanks for you input, but I don't really understand. I am not a leader nor him, even less rigid.

tarot_quest

Is he a colleague, or a student at the same university? It seems to me the potential is only about work and platonic.

Hi Esk! Thanks for shimming in :) No we are not students. It's my first ''serious'' job and for him, it's his second ''serious'' job. The thing is that we feel both REALLY attracted physically to each others, so it is far from platonic. He is very shy and sometimes very nervous around me. He always sit next to me and gives me a lot of attention.

tarot_quest

Hierophant has a lot of connotations of guidance or teaching, and since you say he is a bit immature, I suspect you would spend much of the relationship trying to guide him and get him to mature. 8 of Pentacles could suggest there's a lot of work involved in this. I would be cautious about this being more of a mentor-student relationship than a passionate romantic relationship.

That's a good point! Even if there is a of attraction on both sides, it is true that I could spend a lot of time teaching him some stuff, hence the 8 of pentacles.

I am also confused because in a previous spread, I got very nice cards when asking about specific compatibility points (such as emotional, physical, family, complicity, etc).

Mmmmm.... I will have to wait and see how bad or not is the immaturity part, we have a date this Sunday!

JDusk

That's a good point! Even if there is a of attraction on both sides, it is true that I could spend a lot of time teaching him some stuff, hence the 8 of pentacles.

I am also confused because in a previous spread, I got very nice cards when asking about specific compatibility points (such as emotional, physical, family, complicity, etc).

Mmmmm.... I will have to wait and see how bad or not is the immaturity part, we have a date this Sunday!

Good luck! If the compatibility cards look good, these two cards might have a more positive spin on them. I guess most relationships involve learning from each other to some extent, so it might be more a matter of patience than a serious roadblock.

tarot_quest

Good luck! If the compatibility cards look good, these two cards might have a more positive spin on them. I guess most relationships involve learning from each other to some extent, so it might be more a matter of patience than a serious roadblock.

Yes, the 8 of pentacles could go both ways (i.e. learning from each others)! I will aim for a nice evening and see from there where things are going :)

Curious1

I think this is a guy who learns by doing, a hands on kind of guy, and repeats what works for him. I don't think he's a player, but more of a traditionalist.

Ooops! Didn't address the question of "relationship potential". Both of these cards have a serious feel to them and both are elements of earth so, yes, there is solid relationship potential here.