sravana said:
I think I need a reboot right about now, too. lol :bugeyed:
Was that a call for a (kinder and gentler) boot in the pants? :D

Rodney

SolSionnach

rwcarter said:
Was that a call for a (kinder and gentler) boot in the pants? :D

Rodney
I dunno, sometimes a reboot can be quite cataclysmic (says she with her vintage 2004 Dell PC).

;)

sapienza

Hi All,

I've decided I'm going to work exclusively with the Thoth deck from now until at least the end of the year (I'd love to say I'm going to work with it for at least a year but we'll see how it goes). I've already been working with the deck for about a month and am loving it. I feel like it's a deck that NEEDS years, not months. I did an IDS with the Alchemical earlier in the year and lasted 6 months which was a record for me. I was quite convinced I was going to use the Alchemical for the rest of my life but then I had a strange dream where a voice told me I needed to work with the Thoth. I won't bore anyone with the whole story but needless to say I have been 'called' to use this deck and so far, so good!

I'm not making any promises not to look at other decks because I found that when I did my first IDS this was a non-issue for me. I'm so focussed on the Thoth right now though that I'm not even interested in any of my other decks. I've been reading up on Qabalah (as I had NO knowledge at all) and that has been a great help. Luckily I'm ok with Astrology. I've read Lon Milo DuQuette's 'Understanding Aleister Crowley's Thoth Tarot' (which was fabulous) and also his 'Chicken Qabalah' and am now referring to the Book of Thoth as well. I also have the Snuffin book but haven't opened it yet.

So......from now on it's the Thoth and I. There, I've made a committment. That's the hard part done :)

Oh, and BIG BIG congratulations Kat on finishing your IDS with the Wheel of Change. You've done so well. Do you think you'll keep working with it or are you moving on to something new?

teomat

Hello all.

I've been following this thread (and the original one) for a long time now, and I've finally decided to join in. I've been meaning to start my IDS for months now, but just couldn't decide on the deck (a common problem I'm sure :)).

Well, I decided two days ago that I want to commit myself to the Angel Tarot (a TdM-inspired deck). I don't know what pledges to make, but I think my current lack of interest in the rest of my collection should keep me on the straight and narrow (for now)!

I've started a blog and plan to record my own feelings for each card (without any research). I want to try and recapture some the magic and mystery I feel I've lost through endless deck trawling, book reading and being distracted by the 'Tarot Decks' forum!
Don't get me wrong - it's all been useful and enjoyable, but I feel I've lost something along the way by getting hyped up with every new deck release - and then realising that I'm not actually progressing in learning tarot. This forum can be a blessing and a curse!

Anyway, that's it. I'm pleased to have finally dived in.

rwcarter

teomat,

Welcome aboard the IDS train! The IDS is what you make of it. If you don't feel the need to make any pledges, then don't. But a "lack of interest in the rest of my collection"? Oh, I feel faint.... :laugh: (Although I haven't used any of the rest of my collection in 6 months, I'm still interested in it!)

Are you using the AGMueller Angel Tarot by Nikita Arnett & Lydia Oukhaneva, the Spanish Tarot de los Angeles or the Robert Place Angels Tarot? (I have all three of them, so just curious.)

Rodney

peridot

Man, I haven’t been to this thread in a while. Sorry. I have some catching up to do!
Hey! Great for you guys Thorhammer and Kat? I’m not sure where I saw that in here but I think you finished with your decks? Congratulations. :)

rwcarter said:
Re: the Study Group, it really did help me to take a long term approach to it instead of looking for short term gratification - what I wrote might not be useful to someone until years down the road; but it would be there for the right person when they needed it. And even if I'm no longer part of AT (banish the thought!), my words will be there for as long as AT exists and probably even longer the way everything on the net is cached somewhere these days.
Rodney

I really like the way you look at all these posts. It is a very good point and I will keep that in mind when posting. It inspires me to make an effort to really think about these cards and post about them and my experiences with them more. Well, we'll see how that goes... ;)

teomat said:
I want to try and recapture some the magic and mystery I feel I've lost through endless deck trawling, book reading and being distracted by the 'Tarot Decks' forum! Don't get me wrong - it's all been useful and enjoyable, but I feel I've lost something along the way by getting hyped up with every new deck release - and then realising that I'm not actually progressing in learning tarot. This forum can be a blessing and a curse!

I totally hear you! I have sort of veered away from my original plan and feel as though I should be progressing more myself. I have been posting more here and reading different threads, and AT certainly keeps me focused on Tarot in general but yes, instead of focusing on this one deck of mine, and my original “pledge” I have been looking at other decks, bought a couple of new ones… I have neglected the “My Tarot” deck I was coloring (I will resume tonight).

I did post a few times in the daily draw thread http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=95742&page=25&pp=10
and I will keep that up when I can. I’m still keeping a notebook and journaling when I get some quiet moments.

I do want to share something interesting that happened just a little while ago though. I decided draw a card for this evening. I shuffled, cut and fanned out the cards as usual and the card I picked for this evening was the same one I picked this morning…I love when that kind of thing happens!

Erzebet

rwcarter said:
Are you using the AGMueller Angel Tarot by Nikita Arnett & Lydia Oukhaneva, the Spanish Tarot de los Angeles or the Robert Place Angels Tarot? (I have all three of them, so just curious.)

Rodney

Or maybe this one from USG? http://www.learntarot.com/aldesc.htm It's what I thought of 1st!

rwcarter

Thanks Erzebet! I haven't seen that one before. I don't believe it's categorized under Angels here at AT. (Or at least I missed it if it was on the list.)

Rodney

thorhammer

Hi, all :) I'm just dropping in for running maintenance, on the mythical list ;).
sapienza said:
Oh, and BIG BIG congratulations Kat on finishing your IDS with the Wheel of Change. You've done so well. Do you think you'll keep working with it or are you moving on to something new?
Welcome back, hon - thanks a lot. No, I've retired it for now, washed its grubby bag and cloth and am going to put it out to pasture for a bit. I'm bonding with the Secret Forest now and loving it to bits. I was trying with the Circle of Life, but it's just not happening for me, sadly :( I think I'll end up trading that one away. But that's all OT :D

And welcome, teomat! I hope you enjoy your deck, and I'm glad you're finally de-lurking :D.
peridot said:
Hey! Great for you guys Thorhammer and Kat? I’m not sure where I saw that in here but I think you finished with your decks? Congratulations. :)
Thanks mate - thorhammer and Kat are the same person, btw ;) :D

\m/ Kat

Quantum James

Hi there,

Congrats Kat, on finishing your IDS! Greetings to all the new IDSers!

I have been slogging on, not much journaling as mentioned before but reading everyday and researching the cards. I must say I am feeling a bit of lack there - the cards I have journalized fully are MUCH more alive to me now so I think i will be starting up journalling this week again.

Something Kat said (I think it was Kat) gave me an idea for how to approach this differently. I plan on doing numerical groups of cards, all the aces, two's etc - I have a feeling this might be a more invigorating approach, and if a single card stands out then I will give it more attention.

Not sure how the Majors fit into this idea - possibly journal in complimentary pairs? hmmm...

Cheerio,
Chad