Book of Law Study Group 1.26

ravenest

Yygdrasilian said:
Have any 'here' ever experienced a lambent flame of blue light?

yes, I have an old photo of it (whish I could get it to post here but mum cant find it) somewhere

My catholic conformation ceremony; I'm trying to look very serious and holy, hands held in prayer position, rosary beads around wrists, hair oiled and severly combed straight - a hint of uncomfortibility.

Behind me is the dove (Holy Ghost) descending, a beam of light comes down and above my head is a lambent flame of pure blue (well it would have been if the backdrop I was standing in front of wasnt so old and worn out - lets say a semi-lambent flame of faded blue / dirty cream .... with cracks and some paint missing).

It's quiet a common catholic icon ... the apostles caught it from Jesus as well.

Beira

It keeps surprising me how much some of the verses intimately resonate with what I always thought a God worth of worshipping should feel.. Personal is the first concept to come up.
And then, her homogeneity: that is the concept that I get from "continuity of existence" and "unfragmentary non-atomic fact of my universality'. Meaning that Nuit is not only ever present: she is so in an homogeneous way: as much, as intensely, in every point as in any other because she is all, and also all (parts of) of her is All.
In Eshelmann commentary there is a little bit on the first part of the verse that I found intriguing: AC is called slave prophet because at the time of receiving the BoL and for years on, AC did not understand it and it has been interesting to read about how he come to understand that his Great Work was that of Prophet.
But the question "Who am I?" can well be read as every reader's, as the answer.
In the previous verses it was explained how each star gets his/her own word to address Nuit/HGA; the same can be as for getting one's own name, maybe the one that HGA uses to address us, a kind of magical name..
I have been referring to Liber Aleph, reading the 26th paragraph in of Liber Aleph in connection with this line as I have been doing for previous lines..
I tought the "phantasies and gestures of the unconscious mind" may be expressions of the continuity of Nuit and her all penetrating quality, the subconscious being the gate she uses to enter in us. But she should be already there in the first place.. so its maybe the gate through which we get aware of her..
But it is very complicate for me to find the connections.. so much that I am not even sure this pairing paragraphs and lines is correct, and which part of the Liber Aleph should I be referring to at this point.. can anyone please advice me on this..
The description of the beauty and gentleness and delicacy of the body of nuit, her way of not touching the little flowers/us, is what I was saying resonates so much with the way a compassionate god looks at the evils of humans. Despite our human wicked nature, she loves us. I feel overwelmed and undeserving and infinitely small.. and a sense of awe pervades me at the tought that a deity can look at the ugliness of mankind and still love us.