Crystals with Decks

Barleywine

I used to have a large, fairly clear quartz generator that I set on the table when reading since some people don't like candles or incense, but it was stolen when my daughter had a party while we were away. I'm looking for another one but don't like the prices I see.

Tanga

When I buy a new deck (especially if its used) I will set the cards into their numerical order and store them in their box for a day or so with a grid set up around them to help cleanse them.

Whether or not it does anything I don't know, but it sure makes me more excited to get at it and use it!

:thumbsup:

When I do it's for purely aesthetic reasons. Some crystals look particularly pretty with certain decks. A beautiful visual contains its own ceremonial magic, works on my body in ways that are pronounced but subtle. I'm drawn in, compelled to linger, if only to soak up beauty. And by lingering I slow down which means I'm more receptive to what is arising.

THAT's the ONE!

I used to have a large, fairly clear quartz generator that I set on the table when reading since some people don't like candles or incense, but it was stolen when my daughter had a party while we were away. I'm looking for another one but don't like the prices I see.

Ohhh. :(
Now - what's a generator. Is it an arrangement of Quartz points attached with copper wire?...

Barleywine

Ohhh. :(

Now - what's a generator. Is it an arrangement of Quartz points attached with copper wire?...

This!

"Receiver Generator: A Generator that has one face that slopes more than the other five.

Receiver Generator Crystals are quite unusual and worth seeking out. As Generators they gather and store Universal Life Force, almost like a storage battery. As Receivers they are particularly attuned to the Spirit world.

Receiver Generator Crystals have been particularly useful to individuals that are seeking balance and harmony in their lives. These crystals seem to be uncommonly serene in their energy, as if they are receiving calming energy from high in the spirit world."

anarcha

I also have a larger clear quartz that goes on the table that I read on; sometimes I put other crystals on the table as well. My decks have different crystals in their bags with them always; they vary somewhat, but quartz and amethyst are favourites for this. I also have a big trunk that my cards live in when I'm not using them and any crystals that aren't being used are stored there as well (as well as incense, my journal, the cloth I read on, and other such things).

DaughterOfDanu

The type of crystal I keep with my deck depends on the deck itself. Sometimes I will pair them based on the deck's theme (I pair tigerseye with my Animal Spirit oracle for example and moss agate with my tarot of trees) but other times I will pair them based on the vibe of the deck or the feeling it gives me (I paired rose quartz with my Nature's Whispers Oracle because I felt a lot of love and comfort when using the deck, and paired rainbow obsidian with the Wild Unknown Tarot because the deck felt very grounding to me).

Right now I'm putting together a mix of stones for my copy of the Bonefire Tarot. I wanted something fiery both because of the deck's theme and because I am also a fire astrology sign. I feel connected to the deck that way. I am putting a tiny glass bottle with citrine (which is a stone that makes me feel more energized and also resonates with fire signs), a charm featuring my sign, onyx which is grounding and protective, bloodstone which is the gemstone assigned to my sign, and lepidolite which I've found helps with soothing and relieving stress. Sounds like a lot but they're all small little pieces that fit in the bottom of my bag and to me I feel like adding stones and charms to stay with my deck helps to make it more personalized and mine.

But if you don't believe in/or feel drawn to adding crystals, herbs, whatever with your cards, don't. :) Everyone approaches the cards differently and no one faults anyone for how they go about it.

WoodMan33

Quartz crystal

I use a quartz crystal to clear deck. As well , I hold crystal in my hand while I'm asking question to my deck .