Name your deck?

willowy

I do a Lord of the rings Golem voice,and refer to them as 'My Precious!'

Barleywine

I do a Lord of the rings Golem voice,and refer to them as 'My Precious!'

Maybe when I get older, balder and scrawnier I'll do that (but I'm not holding my breathe for that last one.) :)

Tanga

I call my cards My Bitches! Its true I swear. It's endearing to me, like my friends or confident.
I have my thothie bitches, gilded ones, ancient ones etc...

LOL!!!

If I ever find that "one deck to rule them all," I think I'll name it Sauron, he of the all-seeing Eye. The Thoth is pretty close to that but now has competition.

What's the competition?

My favourite deck is my Gay Tarot and I call it Bianca del Tarot. Because she tells it like it is and she doesn't take crap from anyone.

Huh... "The White of Tarot" ? Literal translations...

Oh dear - I can feel deck names coming on!!!
Maybe I'll dream some up when my head hits the pillow...

Tanga

Tabula Mundi Colores Arcus is a strong contender.

...MMmm - that's mighty fine... :) (I see it's even available foiled - Oooh).
Death reminds me of my father - because he's dead and his tribal totem was the fish eagle. :)

I'm thinking my 'Barbara G Walker Tarot' deck might be "Sekhmet" ("The Powerful One" - drinking up all the blood of mankind... slurp slurp!!)

And my 'Book of Doors' divination deck "Neteru" - because it depicts the Neteru ("The Gods" in Egyptian).

I might call my 'Tarot of the Night' - "Chandra" ("The Moon")
There's a moon in every card.

And my 'Dame Fortune's Wheel' - "Anahata" - ("The heart Chakra"/"Unstuck" - because I find the colours and images in this deck slow down my nervous system. It's intriguingly calming.
Not quite certain yet what the logic of this is (if any)...:

"Hear the sound of the intangible Universe, the abode of mercy, generosity, transpersonal love, altruism, speech of poetry, psychokinesis and psychic healing. The clearer the heart - the more the hearts desires spontaneously happen". - notes from Richard Walters, ZB practitioner and teacher).

Ahh - I see. :) Of course.
@ Aeric - Is this so?

nisaba

I was wondering if anyone names there deck?

Mine all have names given to them by their creators and publishers.

How could you possibly call - say - the Granny Jones Tarot "Claude", or the Hanson-Roberts Tarot "Suzie"?

gregory

I know friends who have named their cars and other objects they use often. I have tried but I can never think of names. Sometimes I fear that if I ever had a cat that it would get called "Cat". :D
We had friends with a dog called Cat. He never chased cats - I'm not sure if his name affected that...

I could easily call the Hanson-Roberts Suzie, actually. Of all the names for it, that REALLY suits })
But I don't want to give my decks a personality disorder. That said, I'd be with Rodney on the Abomination :mad:

Barleywine

We had friends with a dog called Cat. He never chased cats - I'm not sure if his name affected that...

I could easily call the Hanson-Roberts Suzie, actually. Of all the names for it, that REALLY suits })
But I don't want to give my decks a personality disorder. That said, I'd be with Rodney on the Abomination :mad:

I can think of a deck or two I might call "Pollyanna." They have no personality to become disordered. Naming them "Bruce" might give them a backbone - or maybe "Rambo."

SunChariot

I know friends who have named their cars and other objects they use often. I have tried but I can never think of names. Sometimes I fear that if I ever had a cat that it would get called "Cat". :D I like the idea in principle but in practice I just call the decks whatever their creators named them.

Nope I have never named a deck.

But I have named our car, so this made me smile. We have a Mitsubishi, which of course I call "Mitzie" And I also knew someone a while back who had a cat called "Cat".

Babs