Do you keep your deck with you, or leave it at home?

nisaba

There's a real tension between wanting to tote around your companion deck and not wanting to lose it.

I've managed to not lost my keyring and my wallet for decades, and they both leave the house with me every time I stick my head out of doors - why would a Tarot deck be any easier to lose?

euripides

I've managed to not lost my keyring and my wallet for decades, and they both leave the house with me every time I stick my head out of doors - why would a Tarot deck be any easier to lose?

Fair point. I've sunglasses and reading glasses, but a deck is less likely to be left absentmindedly.

lilylilac

I've recently starting carrying around a full sized gilded that I purposely bought as a "travelling deck" But it has quickly became my favorite, which put's me in an interesting position. Also, it's REALLY heavy. But the selection on mini decks in my area is almost non exsistent.

Laura Borealis

Sometimes I take my favorite tarot deck everywhere, so I can develop a connection.

Just curious, how does taking your deck with you develop the connection? I suppose I should ask, how do you define connection in this context?

To answer the question, I don't carry one unless I intend to use it, but I do have apps on my phone.

EmpyreanKnight

If I'm just going out to work, to watch some movies or to get some groceries, etc I don't bring any of my decks with me. If I'm traveling somewhere for days or even weeks, I'd bring the deck I'm currently studying and just read them and some Tarot books I saved on my tablet when I don't have much to do.