Do the animals speak to you?

HeatherRose

I live in the city, so I don't come across many animals. But where I live, we have lots of birds. I live in an apartment, and next to the living room window, there is a vine with pink tubular flowers. Last Summer lots of humming birds came to feed on these flowers.

One day, I was sitting at the table when I heard the humming birds (they do this chuik chuik sound), and there was one looking at me through the window! Seriously! It stood there for a few seconds, and then continue with its doings. It was really weird. But funny, and made me laugh. Maybe it had was trying to tell me something?

I have a friend that always associates hummingbirds with her mother. When her mom was alive she loved them so much and had a hummingbird collection, so when she sees them, she always feels it's her mom. :)

My book says hummingbird is renewal...dreams and new joys are within reach. An opportunity for accomplishment, along with promising success and renewed health.

It could've been that it was just meant for you to take that minute to notice nature, smile and laugh and get a few seconds of joy in your day! Sometimes it's as simple as that! :)

celticnoodle

HeatherRose, what a beautiful story there about the Flamingo.

misscab, I do believe the hummingbird was telling you a message. :) I love to watch the hummingbirds. The hubby and I sit on our deck each night after dinner and watch them come to the feeder. They are so comical at times too! Fighting over the feeder and chasing each other. They can be a riot to watch! :)

Inchantress

Well I do think animals can be messengers of sorts, and have had experiences of my own where it so happens I'll see wild animals on days when things 'happen'. I have a book called 'Birds Divine Messengers by Andrea Wansbury' that you might be interested in checking out.

Here's a couple excerpts from the book on that:

For hawk the message is Vigilance. The archetype is Lookout.
Be alert and keep your eyes open bc there may be opportunities coming your way that you must grab. May be telling you an area of your life or situation needs to be viewed with open eyes instead of rose colored glasses as youve been doing. Could be you are refusing to see a situation for what it is, fantasizing on a perfect ending. Could be it's the right time to swoop in for the kill, or asking you to employ a watch and wait stance in some part of your life.

The message with cardinal is humility. The associated archetype is Mystic: Is there an area in your life where you are throwing your weight around and letting your ego think you know best? The message here is to to have enough humility to realize that you dont know all the answers, and that others also have talents and entitled to their opinions. Are you angry because you're not getting enough recognition and praise for something or maybe being asked to do a seemingly insignifcant task is heavens way of teaching you to have more humility. Could also be that you are being too shy and modest about an accomplishment and not taking the credit that is due to you.

Foxes always make me think sneaky and sly.

Hope that helps! I am of the school of thought that when you assign your own meaning to something, like a sign or symbol, that will be what comes through for you. So definitely would say your own thoughts and or associations are likely to be the most on target, but always fun to compare to the traditional meanings too. Here's a link to the book also: http://www.amazon.com/Birds-Divine-Messengers-Transform-Guidance/dp/B00BDJMOSI

Good luck!

HeatherRose

Thanks Inchantress!
I will look into that book.
And I agree with you that whatever something means to you is what is going to present itself. Sort of like when I'm "talking" to my dad (who is in spirit) and I tell him I need to know that he hears me and then not long after I will see his name somewhere. It isn't a common name either, so when I see it on a product, in a book, on a truck driving by...to me, that's him answering me. To others it may mean nothing if they saw it.
A bird to some may just mean a bird, no big deal, but to someone like me, a certain bird may have a certain meaning, so it's whatever works for the individual.
:)

bleudiamond

Not sure if these count but...I had a cardinal wake me up at 12 30 at night. It was screaming and banging at the window next to my bed. lol Even my cat woke up and meowed at me, wondering what it was. I would have dismissed it except that cardinals are supposed to be sleeping at the time. (Hasn't happened to me before or since) The very next night one of my close family members was about 5 miles away from an F3 tornado that touched down around midnight. Not sure if there was a connection.

One time I was driving to pick someone up a few miles from my house and 1) I had to chase away a bunny that was stopped in my driveway, 2) I had to stop for a squirrel that was crossing the road slowly and 3) I had to slow down because a hawk almost hit my car...lol I was all "boy the animals really are trying to slow me down!" then I saw there had just been a very bad accident on the road around the bend.

celticnoodle

Thanks Inchantress!
I will look into that book.
And I agree with you that whatever something means to you is what is going to present itself. Sort of like when I'm "talking" to my dad (who is in spirit) and I tell him I need to know that he hears me and then not long after I will see his name somewhere. It isn't a common name either, so when I see it on a product, in a book, on a truck driving by...to me, that's him answering me. To others it may mean nothing if they saw it.
A bird to some may just mean a bird, no big deal, but to someone like me, a certain bird may have a certain meaning, so it's whatever works for the individual.
:)

Yes, I agree it is your father making contact with you. I have this sort of thing happening to me a lot myself, when I ask for it. So, next time it happens, be sure to thank your dad for letting you know he is with you! :)

Bleudiamond, wow! that cardinal story is something! As is the story of the animals and your driving. Thank goodness for all the animals getting into your way!

headincloud

I apologize if this post is in the wrong section. Please let me know where it should go if not here.

So, I feel that animals have messages for me often. Sometimes I pay attention more than at other times. However, I feel I'm always aware.
I have medicine cards, power animal oracle cards, animal speak books, pockets guides, etc.
And in the most simple way, I once had a mentor tell me to just think of what that animal is known for (or means to you) to get more of a sense of their message.

I've had many experiences where I've been guided by the animals (a squirrel led me right to someone's grave I was looking to find without knowing where in the cemetery it was). They have spoken to me (literally at times with crows cawing, hawks screeching, dogs barking, etc.)

I haven't really felt any type of messages or connections going on for some time now, but like I said, I'm always "aware".

Well, today as I was getting ready for work, I went to open the curtains in the house before leaving and there was a fox standing in my backyard! Now, I live in a development where each house has about 1-3 acres of land for their yards, but they aren't wooded. They are very much open minus landscaping and some shade trees in the yard. Hmmm...interesting and not something I see every day or very often. So I took note, and wondered "what does the fox say" :D I wondered if there was some magic going on in my life, or about to start. Or perhaps he/she was telling me something about family.
As I was driving to work on the highway, a hawk flew across RIGHT in front of my car...not higher up, but down at windshield level. It startled me! My first thought was that it was that low because it was after something. My second thought was that it was giving me a message. I associate hawks with protection and also seeing from above. Hawks are not uncommon for me to see, I see them almost daily, but not that close.
Then, as I was sitting at the stop light before getting to work, a cardinal flew right in front of my car as well. So beautiful and bright red!! I thought perhaps the message was to show off my bright colors, my light. Show off my vibrance and let my beauty be seen amidst the duller background.
And lastly, as I pulled into the parking lot at work, I go to park and a squirrel is there in the parking space and no matter how close I inched my car, it would not move. Finally it hopped away, but again, what was it telling me? Squirrels I tend to think are talking about preparing for the future, stocking up for a cold winter's day.

So, overall, I was amazed at how in a half hour period so many animals seemed to be coming my way and I couldn't help but feel they were trying to convey something to me. But what??

Does anyone else get messages from animals? And do you associate any of these animals with particular messages? Any insight or thoughts are welcome.

Thanks! :)

Hi, to my understanding people are linked to certain animals (known as power animals) and their behaviour, characteristics and attributes will be mirrored in the character. So a person with otter medicine for example would typically be shy, curious, non competitive and playful with a wonderful uplifting energy but there's oh so much more depth and the potential for deep psychological insights. Study of a particular animal that is predominant in you provides self awareness and self knowledge in the same way that the tarot reflects our shadow side for self improvement and spiritual growth. To link with your animal do a spread, meditate or if you're feeling brave make your way to the top of a mountain with a tent and do a vision quest alone overnight, your predominant animal will come to you. I was surrounded by owls in the wilderness afraid at first but once trust is placed in our connection to the divine (working on eagle) the feelings of safety are profound. I still wondered whether it may have been co-incidence but was given solid proof once psychic development had reached the stage of swan which is all about altered states of consciousness, associated with purple rain dreams swan ushers in our first vision during which we rise up into our spiritual space, everything goes purple and we're given our first 3 animals through our strongest psychic sense. I was shown owl first which is clairvoyance no surprise I'm primarily clairvoyant. Next given whale which overwhelmed me with joy but weasel wiped the smile of my face because it's such a difficult power animal to carry. The experience is life changing as we're joined by our guides and other world beings in an initiation ceremony, it's real, not just a story. We obviously need to be at a certain level of study and spiritual understanding but my knowledge is pretty superficial so we need not be experts by a long way.

If a fox for instance crossed my path drawing my attention or sparking intuition my mind would go to my family and environment, fox is responsible for keeping all the family members safe and together. It may be a warning to become very alert and watch situations without making others conscious, when fox is around body language is a more reliable guide than speech, we are to become like fox to navigate a situation.

HeatherRose

Not sure if these count but...I had a cardinal wake me up at 12 30 at night. It was screaming and banging at the window next to my bed. lol Even my cat woke up and meowed at me, wondering what it was. I would have dismissed it except that cardinals are supposed to be sleeping at the time. (Hasn't happened to me before or since) The very next night one of my close family members was about 5 miles away from an F3 tornado that touched down around midnight. Not sure if there was a connection.

One time I was driving to pick someone up a few miles from my house and 1) I had to chase away a bunny that was stopped in my driveway, 2) I had to stop for a squirrel that was crossing the road slowly and 3) I had to slow down because a hawk almost hit my car...lol I was all "boy the animals really are trying to slow me down!" then I saw there had just been a very bad accident on the road around the bend.

Wow! To have that happen....a cardinal in the night, basically knocking on your window to get your attention, um...yeah! Definitely talking to you, no doubt in my mind.
Awesome story! Thank you for sharing!!

HeatherRose

Yes, I agree it is your father making contact with you. I have this sort of thing happening to me a lot myself, when I ask for it. So, next time it happens, be sure to thank your dad for letting you know he is with you! :)
Yes, I am always sure to say "Thanks, Dad!" with a big smile! :)

HeatherRose

Hi, to my understanding people are linked to certain animals (known as power animals) and their behaviour, characteristics and attributes will be mirrored in the character. So a person with otter medicine for example would typically be shy, curious, non competitive and playful with a wonderful uplifting energy but there's oh so much more depth and the potential for deep psychological insights. Study of a particular animal that is predominant in you provides self awareness and self knowledge in the same way that the tarot reflects our shadow side for self improvement and spiritual growth. To link with your animal do a spread, meditate or if you're feeling brave make your way to the top of a mountain with a tent and do a vision quest alone overnight, your predominant animal will come to you. I was surrounded by owls in the wilderness afraid at first but once trust is placed in our connection to the divine (working on eagle) the feelings of safety are profound. I still wondered whether it may have been co-incidence but was given solid proof once psychic development had reached the stage of swan which is all about altered states of consciousness, associated with purple rain dreams swan ushers in our first vision during which we rise up into our spiritual space, everything goes purple and we're given our first 3 animals through our strongest psychic sense. I was shown owl first which is clairvoyance no surprise I'm primarily clairvoyant. Next given whale which overwhelmed me with joy but weasel wiped the smile of my face because it's such a difficult power animal to carry. The experience is life changing as we're joined by our guides and other world beings in an initiation ceremony, it's real, not just a story. We obviously need to be at a certain level of study and spiritual understanding but my knowledge is pretty superficial so we need not be experts by a long way.

If a fox for instance crossed my path drawing my attention or sparking intuition my mind would go to my family and environment, fox is responsible for keeping all the family members safe and together. It may be a warning to become very alert and watch situations without making others conscious, when fox is around body language is a more reliable guide than speech, we are to become like fox to navigate a situation.

Hi there! Thank you for sharing this.
Many years ago, I had a medicine card spread done for me to let me know my animal medicine. Though at this time I cannot remember all four (there were north, south, east and west done), I know the first one drawn was Moose, and I was not thrilled with this (as at that time I had big self-esteem and body issues...so I felt as big as a moose, and this reiterated it physically to me), but after that learned more about this and I feel I almost grew into the Moose medicine inside me.
Though I never meditated on it or did a vision quest or sweat lodge or anything to find out any power animal, I've been extremely drawn to tigers my whole life. I just literally love them so much and find them so beautiful and powerful and could watch them all day long!! And one day years ago, I was in a Chinese restaurant and the placemats showed when you were born, I'm a tiger in the Chinese zodiac. So many of the attibutes that I find mesmerizing about tigers, are really things I hadn't realized about myself until I really looked. And I found it to be no coincidence at all with any of these....well, actually, yes, I did...I found them to be incidences that coincided and it all clicked into place for me. :)

As for the fox, yes, thank you....when I see a fox, I tend to think family as well. This was one of the first things I learned about fox many years ago....not the Lenormand reasoning of shady and sly, and trickery. Although that can be too, the initial impression for me is family.

Thanks for your input!! :)