Getting Started With Runes

claire1805

Hi,

I have been interested in rune divination for quite some time now but am unsure on how to get started. I would definitely appreciate it if you could drop in several advice on reading the runes themselves. And are there any reliable online sources for the traditional meanings of the runes? Perhaps share your earlier experiences a little?

Thank you for all your help! šŸ˜Š

danieljuk

I bought a rune kit years ago and I don't really read runes anymore. Not sure why, maybe I will come back to them one day :) But what I did was buy a simple rune "kit". big runes and a book and learnt from that. I would pull a rune a day and learnt that way! After a while I moved on to crystal stone runes which were much more difficult to read. So start off simple and then advance

there is a rune index with a thread for every stone, well worth a browse - http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=15597

good luck with your Rune study, it is fun :thumbsup:

Flaxen

Hi Claire,

I'm not aware of many online sources of traditional rune meanings but there are some great books - most of the traditional meanings are the same with one or two variants between the elder futhark and later anglo-saxon ones.

I found it best in the end to pick a set of keywords for each rune and then do daily draws of 3 runes to see how they would combine and apply to my day. There is a different energy to them to other divination methods I've used which I'm not sure how to explain...

In my experience, they are insightful and get to the heart of the matter quickly - I find it harder to do 'rose-tinted' readings with them.