New to Palmistry.

Holland

Hello there,
The title says it all, I am relatively new to palmistry. I do know the settings of the thumbs and the heart line, but I want to know more in depth.
How do I practice and learn some more? How did you start out and when did you get the hang of it?
Blessings my friends

Holland

Thank you all :D. Peace, love and blessings to you.

Mellaenn

Hi, Holland, I am just beginning, too. Well, I've dabbled in it for years, but now I want to get serious and learn it as well as I know tarot.

I've worked with a local palmist who says that one good way to practice is to take prints of the hands of people you know and study the lines using your books. He says to put your hands on a photocopy machine and blow up the size so you can see the lines. He also collects palm prints and uses special hand print ink, but I'm not going there, at least not yet.

It's an easy way to connect the meanings of the lines with people's traits, too, because you know the person, so if you see a long, deep head line and know that person is a strong personality, it will click for you. That is what I'm going to do at any rate.

Smiling

It's also fun to keep track of the lines, and how they change over time, and see how they reflect changes in your life, or how you are realizing your life. I find that making palm prints 1 or 2 years apart has worked best for me.