Lithomancy or crystals divination resources

Tigerangel

bumping old thread

I'm bumping this old thread because I have started looking into Lithomancy and I'm thinking about creating two sets of stones, one with crystals and one using glass stones that I will paint.

So far all the info is great on this thread, I'll most likely devise my own system for the stones and how many I will use and what type of mat/board system, at the moment I'm thinking about using the astrological house system.

Anyway I'll come back and update once I've got some sort of stone system set up and if anyone else has started learning Lithomancy feel free to share any advice or input you may have.

SilverCloudedWolf

Ooh sounds interesting Tigerangel.

I assembled my own oracle of tumblestones, but I don't cast them - instead I pull them out of their bag one at a time and lay them out using a tarot spread and interpret them as you would a tarot reading. The stones aren't substitute tarot cards, other than using spreads it's not related to tarot. I don't know of anyone else who does it like that.

How many crystals and glass stones will you use??

celticnoodle

T.A. I"m so glad you found and bumped this thread up. It was interesting and fascinating to me back in 2011 and still is. some good info here.

Good luck in your Lithomancy project. Can't wait to read all about it.

Tigerangel

Ooh sounds interesting Tigerangel.

I assembled my own oracle of tumblestones, but I don't cast them - instead I pull them out of their bag one at a time and lay them out using a tarot spread and interpret them as you would a tarot reading. The stones aren't substitute tarot cards, other than using spreads it's not related to tarot. I don't know of anyone else who does it like that.

How many crystals and glass stones will you use??

When I was reading up on Lithomancy I did come across some information that suggests the method you use, as well as a simple yes and no one just using a white stone for yes and black stone for no.

Im thinking on using around 16 at the moment, just waiting on some crystals arriving that I've specifically chosen to use for this.

Tigerangel

T.A. I"m so glad you found and bumped this thread up. It was interesting and fascinating to me back in 2011 and still is. some good info here.

Good luck in your Lithomancy project. Can't wait to read all about it.

Hi CN hope your doing well, I tried a little mini experimental reading for myself using 8 crystals for the month of February, used the bagua as the layout, so will check back and see if any of the information that came through was of any actual use at the end of February, and I'm hoping next weekend when I'm at Lendrick Lodge I might be able to find some stones on the mountain or in the river that I can make a set with as well, just having fun experimenting the now.

celticnoodle

:thumbsup:

sounds good. keep us posted here, if you will. Interested in seeing how you make out.

SilverCloudedWolf

Yes, this is all interesting stuff :)

I'm glad I'm not alone, though I have thought about trying to cast but my way works for me so then I think if it ain't broke...

A good thing about this is that you can start with a number of crystals and increase or decrease as needed without there being a problem.

The lodge sounds lovely, with it's mountains and streams, I hope you have a good time there and find everything you need.

Genna

Witch Stones

I´ve just started using witch stones; Pentagram-brazil agate, candle-blue lace agate, broomstick-unakite, athame-red jasper, wand-yellow jasper, cauldron-aventurine light, chalice-rose quartz and Secrecy-multi tiger´s eye you throw on to a pentagram in a ring. As the symbols are ingraved in the stones they double as lucky stones Interesting, cute and handy set. Will see how accurate it is though.

Barleywine

I agree with cardlady that Gary Wimmer is the only active lithomancer I could find on-line back when I was exploring it. I didn't buy his book or set, but I used his information as a starting point for creating my own astro-lithomancy method, using not stones (although I did paint some stones but they were too big for my purpose), but lettered plastic bead cubes for "planets." Post #6 of the attached thread shows the result.

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=219580&highlight=Astro-lithomancy

sweetcherise13

Thank you for reviving this thread Tigerangel!

I didn't realize what a wealth of info is already right here. :D

I haven't seen any of Gary Wimmer's videos but I did find MIRTHandREVERENCE on youtube and enjoyed some of her videos on black and white stone casting as well as crystal casting.

For me, the stones I'm using for casting purposes is a "work in progress" as well as honing my casting practice in general.
As SilverCloudedWolf, I am adding or removing as time goes by.