Bunny Picks a Card

JMI_Tarot

I'm considering a new approach to doing readings for people.

I'm not quite ready to discuss it yet, but I was writing in my journal about my idea, trying to sort it out, when suddenly my pet Bunny jumped onto the bed where I was sitting and very deliberately nosed at my deck which was lying there and pushed the cards about. Then she pulled one out by her teeth, again very deliberately (and without damaging it I might add) just one, and laid it aside for me.

It was the Ten of Coins.

To me, this is the card about the pull toward conformity, toward familial and/or societal encumbrances and the need to pull away and develop as an individual.

See the exact one the Bunny picked HERE

So, I have to say, I feel pretty encouraged about the new idea I'm working on. :cool3:

My question is, do any of you have pets who play a role at times in your work with the Tarot?

Grizabella

Yep---I have a little dog who tramples through my spreads, mostly when I'm using Lenormands or a Kipper deck. She seems to feel the need to do that for some reason. It's very annoying. With Tarot or when I'm beading, she's quite respectful of my work space, but she just won't stop tromping through Grand Tableaux spreads with Lenormand and/or Kipper.

nisaba

It was the Ten of Coins.

To me, this is the card about the pull toward conformity, toward familial and/or societal encumbrances ...

<grin could your rabbit have been telling you that you and it are FAMILY?

My question is, do any of you have pets who play a role at times in your work with the Tarot?

I've had a series of cats who have sat squarely on spreads. They can see that the cards are getting your attention and they are not, and they know how to fix that.

Other than that, having happy animals around make me feel loved and calm, and feeling calm is great as a reader. :)

Barleywine

No, but I have a wife who once got so frustrated with her Thoth deck that she threw the cards on the floor and trampled on them. Fortunately she didn't damage any of them. I decided to keep her anyway. :joke:

JMI_Tarot

<grin could your rabbit have been telling you that you and it are FAMILY?

That is a fact that is not in dispute :love:
That's why I am so sure she was helping me as I was pondering a new idea.

having happy animals around make me feel loved and calm, and feeling calm is great as a reader. :)

I get a really positive energy from my bunny all the time, even when (maybe especially when) she's being mischievous. She's always around when I'm reading.

She fell from the sky. Literally. A hawk had her in its clutches when she was just tiny and dropped her in a friend's garden. He saw her fall. It took him 3 days to get her out from under the bush where she was hiding. She'd lost an eye. He cared for her and then gave her to me on my birthday.

I attached a pic. :angel:

Attachments

• Bunny.jpg
    Bunny.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 169

violetdaisy

I had a cat once (succumbed to cancer in old age - actually I've had a few cats, all before I met my hubby who's severely allergic) who liked only one of my decks. But she really liked it. Don't know if it was the colors (I know they see differently), smell, texture, size or something more. I didn't use the deck often for reading anything because she insisted on being involved in the process. Mind you, she was a very aloof cat most of the time - except with me and then being *near* and not *on* was her thing.

Her energy was always helpful, even if her body was intrusive (shuffling things about). A few times she'd paw at a specific card, but I never experienced her choosing one. Only you really know if bunny is bringing something of import to your attention.

Perhaps bunny is suggesting you find more like-minded individuals? I know the image description speaks of lack of artistry and conformity but the original dancer is supporting all of her copies - and that can't be too easy!

I have a small canine now - one of 3 in our current home and she's a bit bizarre as well. We "rescued" her from a "hostile" environment. I think the family had 3 young boys and 2 larger dogs and she was a *gift* for the mom. We got her for our daughter because she really wanted a pet and cat's weren't an option and her hampster died. And she was/is small and we had a small house with no fenced yard.

Anyhow. The day we picked her up the owner handed her directly to my daughter. I sat quietly in the front seat trying to be as unobtrusive as possible. My husband talked to the owner while the dog squirmed in my daughter's arms. That dog did not settle down until she ended up in my lap. The whole time she was straining to get to me. For some reason I am her "person." So far, she hasn't been a part of my readings but I haven't laid my cards where she can get them either lol.

tapasr_57772aeb7

I had a cat once (succumbed to cancer in old age - actually I've had a few cats, all before I met my hubby who's severely allergic) who liked only one of my decks. But she really liked it. Don't know if it was the colors (I know they see differently), smell, texture, size or something more. I didn't use the deck often for reading anything because she insisted on being involved in the process. Mind you, she was a very aloof cat most of the time - except with me and then being *near* and not *on* was her thing.

Her energy was always helpful, even if her body was intrusive (shuffling things about). A few times she'd paw at a specific card, but I never experienced her choosing one. Only you really know if bunny is bringing something of import to your attention.

Perhaps bunny is suggesting you find more like-minded individuals? I know the image description speaks of lack of artistry and conformity but the original dancer is supporting all of her copies - and that can't be too easy!

I have a small canine now - one of 3 in our current home and she's a bit bizarre as well. We "rescued" her from a "hostile" environment. I think the family had 3 young boys and 2 larger dogs and she was a *gift* for the mom. We got her for our daughter because she really wanted a pet and cat's weren't an option and her hampster died. And she was/is small and we had a small house with no fenced yard.

Anyhow. The day we picked her up the owner handed her directly to my daughter. I sat quietly in the front seat trying to be as unobtrusive as possible. My husband talked to the owner while the dog squirmed in my daughter's arms. That dog did not settle down until she ended up in my lap. The whole time she was straining to get to me. For some reason I am her "person." So far, she hasn't been a part of my readings but I haven't laid my cards where she can get them either lol.
Awesome story. That dog likes your energy.

violetdaisy

Awesome story. That dog likes your energy.

I spent a futile 2 years trying to convince her that she was my daughter's dog. Daughter walked,fed,trained,gave treats, etc. everything. Then we got dog #2 - which IS my daughter's dog and I gave up :D

moonbear

She fell from the sky. Literally. A hawk had her in its clutches when she was just tiny and dropped her in a friend's garden. He saw her fall. It took him 3 days to get her out from under the bush where she was hiding. She'd lost an eye. He cared for her and then gave her to me on my birthday.

I attached a pic. :angel:
That is an amazing story.

And she is one beautiful bunny :) One eyed, like Odin.

moonbearxxx

Alta

While I like the stories, and the pic, could we try and keep the thread roughly on the topic of animals and tarot?