Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 295 : March 25 - March 31

Rose Lalonde

Tabula Mundi

...I have always had trouble reading Thoth, but this deck is so readable, it makes the system much more accessible. I laid out Thoth next to TM, and though I have always thought Thoth was beautiful, the TM seems so much better, more alive, and speaks with a clear voice.

Yes, TM replaced Thoth as my reading deck as soon as I got it, which was a surprise for me. From another post about why I prefer it... Much like the Thoth, symbols in TM convey a great deal, bypassing the language center of the brain to slip under and in. But the added genius of TM is in the way symbols reappear across cards in organized but artistically imaginative ways that make it easy to see the deck as a web of meaning instead of 78 individual cards.

DaughterOfDanu

I trimmed the Druidcraft :) I did though decide to leave the "stone" borders and the titles on, just for now. But what an improvement even just taking off the white borders!

I also have switched deck choices for this week. I know, shameful :p I got my copies of the Herbal Tarot and the Herbal Healing Deck as I'm very drawn to working with plant spirits/archetypes as of late. I'm also playing with my Botanical Inspirations deck which is probably my favorite of all the flower oracles I have (I also have the Magic of Flowers oracle and the Victorian Flower Oracle)

All in all, a good week. I've got the Spirit de la Lune coming in Friday and am hoping it pairs well with the Starchild. I'll most likely be bouncing back and forth between the Herbal Tarot/Herbal Healing Deck, Starchild/Spirit de la Lune, and maybe reconnect with the Wild Unknown and the Animal Spirit Oracle for the foreseeable future. I'm a little oversaturated with new decks and want to begin bonding with my current favorites that reflect my mood/spirituality and these 3 pairs do so beautifully.

Dogs&Coffee

I trimmed the Druidcraft :) I did though decide to leave the "stone" borders and the titles on, just for now. But what an improvement even just taking off the white borders!

Pics or it didn't happen :D

Green Faerie

All in all, a good week. I've got the Spirit de la Lune coming in Friday and am hoping it pairs well with the Starchild. I'll most likely be bouncing back and forth between the Herbal Tarot/Herbal Healing Deck, Starchild/Spirit de la Lune, and maybe reconnect with the Wild Unknown and the Animal Spirit Oracle for the foreseeable future. I'm a little oversaturated with new decks and want to begin bonding with my current favorites that reflect my mood/spirituality and these 3 pairs do so beautifully.

This is probably a stupid question, but why do you find it useful to pair a tarot deck and an oracle? (I'm still learning tarot, which feels like enough all on its own). What is helpful about putting the tarot and oracle decks next to each other? Thank you! :)

DaughterOfDanu

Pics or it didn't happen :D
http://imgur.com/Zk67kcE
http://imgur.com/DY54X5v
Tadaa :) Second photos also include a card from the Druid Animal and Plant oracles.

This is probably a stupid question, but why do you find it useful to pair a tarot deck and an oracle? (I'm still learning tarot, which feels like enough all on its own). What is helpful about putting the tarot and oracle decks next to each other? Thank you! :)
I find oracle decks add depth to a reading or are good to wrap up a reading. They offer something a little different flavored than tarot as most oracles have overtly positive overtones, whereas tarot is more balanced. I like pulling an oracle card at the end as a final piece of advice, like the cherry on top of a good balanced reading. I also sometimes include them as the central card and theme of a reading and use tarot cards to fill in the details. For example I pulled Hawthorn- Heart Healing today as my theme of the day, if that makes sense.
It's definitely not a stupid question :) There's many different ways to combine tarot and oracle cards in readings.

lantana

Prisma Visions is seeming to be one of those decks where, outside the major arcana cards, I struggle to get a lot of intuitive meaning and have to reach for the guidebook. Might be a good idea to sit down and read through it so I can use this deck better.

It'll also keep me from reaching to my new deck... Next week, self!

VGimlet

I just think it's kind of fun. Plus there have been very few oracle decks (there are a couple, but not many) that I personally would want to use on their own for a week.

Happy my time with the Secret Forest is over, but not a bad deck.

DaughterOfDanu

I'm much happier when it comes to handling the Druidcraft :)

I'm also really pleased with the decks I got in this week. The Herbal Healing Deck and the Herbal Tarot are great comfort decks and I got the Spirit de la Lune yesterday and am just in love with it. Such a great deck and a good introduction to astrology.

Lovely week!