The Chrysalis Tarot (New Upcoming U.S. Games deck)

Briar Rose

I didn't even know about this deck!

It looks to me to be a mixture of cultures and wisdom of the ancients:

3.mirrors looks Toltec
while the 3 stones is Celtic
2 scrolls Mythological Pegasus
Ace of scrolls looks like the anicent writing cuneiform
7 Mirrors Aurora as Sleeping Beauty at the spinning wheel

Does anyone know if there is a book that comes with it?

Hedera

I didn't even know about this deck!

Does anyone know if there is a book that comes with it?

Me neither!

I love the artwork too - plus, it has Kali and Papa Legba!

The courts look rather confusing though, so I'm echoing all the hopes for a book...

BusyScholar

The courts look rather confusing though, so I'm echoing all the hopes for a book...

I'm checking out the page for it on amazon and it says "Product Details" and then under that it says "Unknown Binding: 48 Pages."

I'm guessing that means it'll come with a book! And for only $14! I see another deck in my future...

Briar Rose

I overlooked that BusyScholar, thank you.

BusyScholar

I overlooked that BusyScholar, thank you.

No problem, Briar Rose! I overlook a ton of stuff, too, so I completely understand how that happens. Especially in the hectic pace that we all seem to have to live in nowadays.

And I totally see what you were saying earlier about the mixing of cultures. Some of the Spirals look like they could be influenced by American Indian beliefs. I love seeing a mixture of cultures in a deck.

daphne

I'm checking out the page for it on amazon and it says "Product Details" and then under that it says "Unknown Binding: 48 Pages."

I'm guessing that means it'll come with a book! And for only $14! I see another deck in my future...

There will not be a very detailed book, like the Llewelling kits, but something in the limits of a LWB. I read an interview with the creator and this is how USG wants it. And although they (the authors) would have prefer it a larger book, they do not have the right to publish it themselves.

EightWands

There will not be a very detailed book, like the Llewelling kits, but something in the limits of a LWB. I read an interview with the creator and this is how USG wants it. And although they (the authors) would have prefer it a larger book, they do not have the right to publish it themselves.

Yep I was going to say the same thing. The list price suggests to me that it will be the standard tarot in a box with a LWB. But that's ok.. Some LWBs can hold quite a bit. Hopefully this one will too.

Beautiful deck! Almost looks to be its own system, as someone earlier pointed out.

I love that moon too! :)

AJ

Reminds me of Poppy Palin's Waking the Wild Spirit.
Meant to be an oracle, was stuffed into tarot.

greatdane

From a psychological viewpoint....

I find this deck interesting. I understand there will be an lwb that will allow RWS readers to use this deck as they would an RWS deck. I'm sure there will be some adjustment, but then look at some of the decks that say they are RWS-based or inspired and look very different than what most of us may consider RWS.

As I got into tarot indirectly through psychology, a deck like this definitely has my interest. Do I see it as a regular tarot deck? No. That's part of the intrigue....

daphne

When is it released, do we know?