Baroque Bohemian Cats Tarot

baba-prague

Devil? NO! That cat is a sweetie - you can see that.

We joke that Lotte's dad 'Kuba" used to be Putin's cat's bodyguard - he was imported here from Moscow - but in fact huge and intimidating as he looks (he is a greyish tabby Siberian and weighs so much I could hardly lift him) he was a real baby - purred as soon as you looked at him.

Siberians do tend to be very easy-going - just as well when they are so big!

Le_Corsair

baba-prague said:

We joke that Lotte's dad 'Kuba" used to be Putin's cat's bodyguard - he was imported here from Moscow - but in fact huge and intimidating as he looks (he is a greyish tabby Siberian and weighs so much I could hardly lift him) he was a real baby - purred as soon as you looked at him.

I was thinking of the size difference, with that huge cat towering over two small, unclothed cats, maybe the Devil cat dressed as an inquisitor. It's supposed to be Hell after all, isn't it?

Lotte's pa was named Kuba? Wasn't that Stalin's nickname? Ask Alex!

Bob :THERM

tmgrl2

Just read this ENTIRE THREAD! WOW! What a great deck...beautiful, rich in color, imagery, meaning...can't wait to get book and cards! I love the MOON too...saved some in my pictures folder and they rotate as screen savers...I am a new member and just learning Tarot..Where can I get the Deck of Prague referred to?
My card today was The Fool (I am studying one a day). So I was "planning" to do my taxes since I am on vacation...I read this whole thread instead! Practicing my card!
Lillian Jackson Braun of the fictional psychic siamese cats fame would love to have this set I am sure...I have read each one of her books. Simple but delightful.
You are both amazingly talented, creative and loving. What a delight for me as a new member to pick this thread to read. terri

baba-prague

Tarot Garden is really great

or you are welcome to buy from our website of course (www.tarotofprague.com), or from Alidastore (also excellent - especially if you're in Europe) - or in fact there are several other good options. Really whichever is most convenient. By July or so there should be some sets appearing in shops in the US, we hope, but there probably won't be a lot.

The only thing I'd say is that we are very very low on the separate decks - down to a handful now. There are plenty of sets still.

For the Baroque Bohemian Cats we will print far more separate decks. What we never thought about for Prague is that some people like to have one deck to use, and one to keep - so in fact the separate decks vanished fast.

So - lots to say but no time today because we are doing all sorts of stuff for the new cards - bit of a creativity burst! I do want to read about the psychic Siamese though - how did I miss these books?

We are also starting to get very excited about the deck - now that we can see some cards together it feels more and more real :)

tmgrl2

Thank you. That was easy...just went to your website and bought your beautiful cards and book and separte deck...do you sign any going out? Will be looking for the new deck...have looked at many others but bought few. terri

Kissa

baba-prague said:
[...]

This fellow cat looks like the Hanged One to me ... Easy-going, cool, has let go of the stress and the fighting over unsignificant things ...

;)

I agree that the bigger the gentler. We have finnish cats from Carelia (Russian border) and they are HUGE, I always think my parents' cats (the Frenchies) are kittens when I see them for the first time after a while ...

Geez, I'd love to have a cat like this one. Plus it is a marmelade ... no discussion about this, they are the best :D Thanks for the picture, HudsonGray!!! it is being forwarded to all my cat fans friends ...

Kissa

Demonesse

Le_Corsair said:
Gods, what a monster! What a Devil cat that would make, with two smaller unclothed cats in front of it!

Bob :THERM

Now that is an awfully COOL Devil card idea! The Devil could have a pet dog too, holding its chain in one hand and a mouse by the tail in the other...two Devil cards in this pack, maybe, as another nod to ToP?

Not likely, I know, but I couldn't resist a try.

;)

Hedera

I'm not crazy about the Devil either.
I don't know, the scene is just a little too cozy for me.