Watcher Angel Tarot...anyone bought it from Etsy recently?

RiverRunsDeep

The Watcher Angel Tarot has recently become available again on
Etsy! Would love to purchase this, but it is unclear on the listing
if they are selling just the deck, just the book, or the deck and book
as a set. Has anyone purchased this lately, who might know the
answer??

I sent a message to the shop owner, but there has been no response.
The lack of response makes me even more hesitant to click on the
"buy" button. :confused:

Watcher Angel / Etsy

WhiteWolfy

Looking at the listing (and the reviews) it seems to me it's the tarot deck. I would think if it is the book it would say Watcher Angel tarot guidebook. Just a thought...

MoonGypsy

Sometimes, it take a few days for Etsy peeps to answer. She has very good feedback,
and is the creator of the deck, i believe. In the Etsy Feedback, it seems folks mention
the deck. i also think the book has a different cover, which is available on Amazon.

RiverRunsDeep

Looking at the listing (and the reviews) it seems to me it's the tarot deck. I would think if it is the book it would say Watcher Angel tarot guidebook. Just a thought...

Sometimes, it take a few days for Etsy peeps to answer. She has very good feedback,
and is the creator of the deck, i believe. In the Etsy Feeback, it seems folks mention
the deck. i also think the book has a different cover, which is available on Amazon.

That was my impression, too, that it is just the deck. I guess I will go
for it, and see what happens. Thank you!

ETA: Just heard back from the deck creator and, yes, the listing is for the deck only.

Celtictarot

I bought the guidebook from Wordery. I have got the deck in today and OMG, This is the deck I thought the Anna K deck would be for me. (Better art though). I am loving this deck.

RiverRunsDeep

I bought the guidebook from Wordery. I have got the deck in today and OMG, This is the deck I thought the Anna K deck would be for me. (Better art though). I am loving this deck.

I am loving it too! I ended up buying the deck, then purchasing the book on Amazon. I was originally interested in the deck because Michelle Belanger authored the guidebook. I used to watch her on a show called "Paranormal State". She was one of the psychics on the investigative team.

Dark Victory '39

Celtictarot and RiverRunsDeep, when you get a chance will you talk a bit about the guidebook? I've had the deck for several years (love it) and always shied away from the guidebook because i assumed i wasn't really interested in the book of Enoch. It's kind of a weird question but if you're able to talk about Belanger's tone or voice she uses? I mean is it down-to-earth language; yeah, i know, they're angels... And i could be fine w/ woo-woo language, paranormal whatever. By this point, i've read several things about John Dee and Enochian from that angle that i might be fine w/ anything Enochian. But i read fine w/ the deck w/out any book, and if memory serves i wasn't bowled over by the lwb, but we all know how different a companion book can be to that.

Celtictarot

mine is in the post

RiverRunsDeep

Celtictarot and RiverRunsDeep, when you get a chance will you talk a bit about the guidebook? I've had the deck for several years (love it) and always shied away from the guidebook because i assumed i wasn't really interested in the book of Enoch. It's kind of a weird question but if you're able to talk about Belanger's tone or voice she uses? I mean is it down-to-earth language; yeah, i know, they're angels... And i could be fine w/ woo-woo language, paranormal whatever. By this point, i've read several things about John Dee and Enochian from that angle that i might be fine w/ anything Enochian. But i read fine w/ the deck w/out any book, and if memory serves i wasn't bowled over by the lwb, but we all know how different a companion book can be to that.

Get the book. :)

Admittedly, I haven't read it in depth yet, but I like what I'm seeing so far. It provides a lot of worthwhile and well researched information without being overwhelming. I do find Belanger's "tone" to be down to earth. Her presentation of the material is serious and well thought out. Nothing very woo-woo here, but also nothing so scholarly that it makes for dry, pedantic reading.

The book has three main sections. The first section details how the deck was created, the inspiration, influences, artistic process, etc. The second section presents the mythology behind the Watcher Angels. There are about 10 pages that discuss in detail the Book of Enoch and how it correlates to the deck. But while Belanger says the scholarship behind the Book of Enoch is important, the focus of the deck is "less on the facts surrounding the work and more on the story". The third section, and the "meat" of this book, is dedicated to the descriptions and interpretations of the individual cards. Each card gets roughly two pages to itself.

I would agree that this book isn't necessary in order to read with the cards, but I think it makes a wonderful addition to the deck. If Watcher Angels is a favorite of yours, I don't think you will regret getting the book, IMO. No regrets here!

Mostly just my initial impressions, but I hope they have been helpful. :)

Dark Victory '39

yes, this is super helpful. Thanks RiverRD. I'll put it on my list.