Morgan Greer

ann823

What is the lamination like on these? I was looking at them but I read in another thread that they are very shiny(and slippery?).

Ann

jcwirish

They are a bit shiny, but it doesn't really bother me. With other decks it would, but it seems okay with the MG. That's just me though. I think I would love to get a hold of an original copy someday just to see how they differ.

zan_chan

Glad you're loving your Morgan Greer, Johanna. It was the third deck I bought, and the first one I attempted reading with, so I do love mine as well. I think the shininess actually works nicely on this one. It takes some breaking in to get it shuffling just as you'd like, but just keep going with it and it'll get there eventually. Enjoy!

jcwirish

Thanks Zan, I'm getting ready to knit a very funky orange/yellow/lime green bag for it. I want to stay within the 70's vibe of it all.

OctoberGwen

ann823 said:
What is the lamination like on these? I was looking at them but I read in another thread that they are very shiny(and slippery?).

Ann

Mine's from 1979 (Morgan Press), and it's not slippery or overly shiny at all. It has a great finish, actually.

OctoberGwen

jcwirish said:
Thanks Zan, I'm getting ready to knit a very funky orange/yellow/lime green bag for it. I want to stay within the 70's vibe of it all.

OMG, that sounds FABULOUS! :D

jcwirish

OctoberGwen said:
OMG, that sounds FABULOUS! :D

Well, it's very bright, if not fabulous, lol!

Rasa

I bought a new Morgan Greer, which was quite shiny and slippery...
then, shortly after, I found a used copy of the Morgan Press edition in a second hand store. I snapped it up, because who could turn down any deck for $3.99!?
I then promptly sold off the recent USG edition, as it felt like cheap plastic compared to the other one.

Chronata

Funny...I was just about to hock my Morgan Press edition...and I see this thread, and realize what an absolute huge mistake I would be making!

The way it feels is just so marvelous.

KafkasGhost

True dat, the man's bum in VI Lovers is pretty shapely...

So a lot of people like that non-slippery finish? I have an Aquarian that's not quite so old, it's the blue and white funky back but from '76 and it has no friction. My '06 Aquarian is slippery and I like 'em that way but it's not as vibrant.