Morgan Greer

KafkasGhost

jcwirish said:
I'm thinking roller disco and Dittos, and the words "BaBaBaBenny and the Jets" are floating through my head. I love it!

"She's got electric boobs, her mom has two..."

jcwirish

KafkasGhost said:
"She's got electric boobs, her mom has two..."

Ya know I read it in a magazeeen....

Let's all fire up our 8 tracks and get out our Morgan Greer decks!!

Sulis

ann823 said:
What is the lamination like on these? I was looking at them but I read in another thread that they are very shiny(and slippery?).

Ann

I have a Morgan Press Morgan Greer but the Morgan Greer that is one of my main reading decks and has been since I got it almost 10 years ago is a US Games deck. It's an older US Games deck though and the lamination on it is lovely. It has a satin finish and shuffles like a dream (as US Games decks used to before they started using super-glossy laminate / varnish).

Bernice

My Morgan Greer is a 1979 one, lamination is as Sulis says. For me it's a *satisfying* deck.

Bee :)

ETA: The Ancient Italian is one that I would'nt want to part with.

Le Fanu

I have a 1979 Morgan Press Morgan Greer deck and a recent shiny/varnished US Games one.

Laminate me in Italy, but I actually prefer the recent glossy printing, the colours are so much richer and more vibrant...

OctoberGwen

Le Fanu said:
Laminate me in Italy, but I actually prefer the recent glossy printing, the colours are so much richer and more vibrant...

(LOL at the first part of that sentence!) I'll have to see if I can find one for comparison's sake, I guess. I just love how the old version looks (I think the colors are great) and feels, but it could be based largely on sentimental feelings. Who knows?

jcwirish

Le Fanu said:
I have a 1979 Morgan Press Morgan Greer deck and a recent shiny/varnished US Games one.

LOL! I spent ages last night online looking for a Morgan Press version and thinking my deck was too glossy etc.. Finally, I relaxed and decided there was nothing wrong with my brand new shiny, glossy version. Hey, if nothing else, it will still be in decent shape 20 years from now when all my less laminated decks have fallen apart. One thing is for sure, I know this deck will hold up to my compulsive need to shuffle them. I can blissfully shuffle it as long as I want without worry! That's something.

The 78th Fool

I have an incredible fondness for this deck. It's awesome in its own right but it was also one of the first decks I invested in when I had my personal 'tarot renaissance' in 2002.

I bought it in London on a really hot summers day. I was on my way to catch a train that would take me through some of the richest and most beautiful countryside the east of England has to offer. My train journey was spent marveling at the scenery and alternately at the beauty of my new deck. The journey home was equally magical - a warm summers night, with fresh country air blowing through the windows of a quiet carriage and this deck as my companion.

Every reading I do with it still evokes something of the atmosphere of that day. The colours are so rich in that wonderful 70's way and the borderless images communicate so vividly. I think this is a deck that should be in any collection.

Chris. xx

KafkasGhost

I also have fond memories of first gazing at my MG in a train.

I was on Amtrak through the Adirondack mountains so probably not as dreamy as your trip but I still loved having it as a travel companion, as did you. :)

Le Fanu

The 78th Fool said:
I have an incredible fondness for this deck. It's awesome in its own right but it was also one of the first decks I invested in when I had my personal 'tarot renaissance' in 2002.

I bought it in London on a really hot summers day. I was on my way to catch a train that would take me through some of the richest and most beautiful countryside the east of England has to offer. My train journey was spent marveling at the scenery and alternately at the beauty of my new deck. The journey home was equally magical - a warm summers night, with fresh country air blowing through the windows of a quiet carriage and this deck as my companion.

Every reading I do with it still evokes something of the atmosphere of that day. The colours are so rich in that wonderful 70's way and the borderless images communicate so vividly. I think this is a deck that should be in any collection.
What a wonderful memory!! I can just picture it!