THE HEZICOS TAROT News Flash!

Carla

Even though the deck is soon to be sold out and OOP and the price is good, I have to pass. It's just not for me. I've looked at the images, viewed Donnaleigh's reading for herself (youtube) and TarotOracle's review. It's colourful, but I don't like the faces on any of the cards. And the giant severed-head courts freak me out.

I got this deck in a trade some while back, and finally got it out to have a look at it this week. It is a curious thing. Whimsical, sure. A mixed bag, really. That Devil card is quite scary! Then you've got all these dried-apple doll type people with big bellies and skinny legs. :) I love the colours. I've been trying to use it lately. It's certainly an interesting deck to have on hand.

Kissa

OOOOooooohhhhh Hezicos! One of my favorite decks! I love the artwork and the energy in it. If you are on Facebook, Mary posts a card for each day.

I find her art really stunning, I love the way she plays with colors and the animals are gorgeous. It is not a all-shiny-happy-fluffy deck, that 10 of Swords is pretty graphic as well and some faces are scary. The Court cards all have different expressions and you can really feel their mood. I used to be on the edge about Mary's choice to picture her court cards this way but I heard why, I found it bold and original and well, it works for me. The cards are stuffed with tiny details that you notice little by little.
The Hezicos tarot is a multi-layered "deeper than you'd think but don't take yourself too seriously anyway" deck.

I love it. I would recommend it to anybody :)
I hope you enjoy it too, Carla :)

Love & Magic,
Kissa

Falling_Star

The Hezicos is such a charming deck - full of life and has a certain 'homely' feel to it

lark

Was the Hezicos reprinted...it's 2015 and this thread is from 2011-12...and I ordered it recently...is my copy still from the first printing?

rwcarter

I don't remember hearing anything about a reprint, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. ;)

lark

I don't remember hearing anything about a reprint, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. ;)

The first post sounded like this was it ...all done ...selling everything...there must have been pretty many decks left to sell then since this is almost 4 years later...I did get confirmation that mine was sent out...and is in the mail.

AnemoneRosie

Yeah. It's confusing. I bought mine less than a year ago and paid the higher price.

lark

Yeah. It's confusing. I bought mine less than a year ago and paid the higher price.
Really...that's strange...I paid the lower price when I ordered it last week.
Wonder why you had to pay the higher price only a year ago??